SEO Content Marketing Strategist
Are you obsessed with all things SEO? Ever find yourself Googling the same keywords multiple times a day to see if there have been any rankings movement? Do you use acronyms like SERPs, DA, and CTR in everyday conversation? Is your favorite kind of juice, link juice? If that’s the case, The Zebra has a job for you! We are seeking a savvy SEO Content Marketing Strategist with a background in PR and link building to take our content promotion to the next level. Overall, you’ll assist our SEO strategy by providing your genius input to our content marketing, scaling our content creation, and generating links and social signals for this brilliant content of yours.
What You'll Do:
- You’ll conduct influencer research to help shape our SEO content strategy
- You’ll manage an SEO content section on our blog and an run an editorial calendar for this content
- You’ll work closely with our editorial, design, and writing teams to execute your ideas
- You’ll mentor our content marketing outreach associates to help scale our outreach efforts
- You’ll work with our engineering team to create shareable assets
- You’ll pitch prospective bloggers and journalists to share our content
- You’ll track and report on your outreach campaigns and determine what content works best so you can inform our SEO editorial strategy
- You’ll rinse and repeat the whole process, testing new ideas, and refining it based on what proves to be successful
Our Match Made In Heaven:
- Has extensive experience with writing web content
- Has experience managing an editorial calendar
- Has project management experience, particularly with managing freelance writers and designers to help execute content ideas
- Has extensive experience promoting content around the web and building outreach lists
- Has built a personal network of journalists, bloggers, and freelance writers and is comfortable sharing our content and ideas with them
- Is not afraid of pitching ideas and is eager to put pen to paper when it comes to executing them
- Has a good mix of creativity and analytical skills alike
- Understands why links and mentions are important to search engine algorithms and can spot a bad link from a mile away
- Has experience with blogging and multiple social media platforms
- Is familiar with tools like Google Analytics, Google Webmaster Tools, seoClarity, Moz, SEMrush, Authority Labs, etc.
- Is an internet junkie -- you understand what makes content compelling and shareable
- Competitive compensation
- Health, dental, & vision benefits
- Career advancement opportunities
- Stock options
- Monthly home maid service
- Feel good perk
- Work hard / Play hard culture
The Zebra is the most comprehensive online car insurance comparison platform in the U.S. Since 2012, the company has brought transparency and simplicity to car insurance shopping — “car insurance in black and white.” The Zebra compares over 200 car insurance companies, and with its real-time, side-by-side quote comparison tool, drivers can easily and quickly find the coverage, service level, and pricing to suit their unique needs.
Headquartered in Austin, Texas, The Zebra has garnered the attention and investment of some of the nation’s top venture capitalists, and the company’s success has been profiled in publications like Inc., Time, Forbes, and TechCrunch. Austin Business Journal named The Zebra a Best Place to Work in 2015, 2016, and 2017. Austin American-Statesman also awarded The Zebra as a Top Workplace in 2016.
The Zebra is aiming to grow our fantastic team to add to our dynamic culture and continue building on our success. Working at The Zebra means never being bored, always being challenged, and supporting one another. We’re a happy, hardworking group, and we’re eager to add “new stripes” who share those values.
The Zebra is an equal opportunity employer and “at will” company.