Director of Product (Growth)
The Zebra -- recently named one of Austin’s Best Places to Work -- is expanding our product team. We're looking for a proven product leader to help build, guide, and grow our product organization.
As The Zebra’s Director of Product (Growth), you’ll work passionately to acquire and engage users across SEO/Organic, E-mail, Content, Social and other channels. You’ll define, evolve, and ultimately execute on a product strategy, hitting key KPIs as defined in collaboration with the Marketing team. You have a knack for rallying and motivating team members, ideating on creative solutions to complex problems, and clearly articulating a vision that others may not yet see.
What You'll Do:
- Use consensus building to establish a shared product vision and strategy with the growth team
- Help develop and own the product roadmap to support company objectives
- Generate and monitor KPIs to support data-driven decisions behind product and feature development
- Work closely with business owners, engineering, and QA teams to ensure an efficient, collaborative, and high-quality product development process
- Conduct both quantitative & qualitative user research to gather necessary data to support and prioritize effective, innovative product enhancements
- Create, launch and evaluate A/B tests to optimize our acquisition experienceHelp build, lead and mentor the acquisition product management team
- Develop a deep understanding of the insurance industry including internal and external forces that will continually shape our business
- Drive a fast and efficient product development process
- Foster a transparent and collaborative working environment
Our Match Made in Heaven:
- 7+ years experience in consumer-facing product management or equivalent role
- 5+ years of experience in SEO and growth marketing
- The ability to fuse both art and science into a product, balancing a strong creative intuition with analytical abilities to fuel product development
- Experience integrating and implementing Marketing Technologies that improve performance and scalability
- Proven track record of building widgets and tools that drive engagement and new customers while promoting unique product offerings
- Experience building process and structure that maximizes velocity as we scale
- Very strong interpersonal and communication skills to motivate team members and drive cross-department alignment to the overall strategy
- Direct experience managing or mentoring product managers or similar roles
- Expertise with core concepts related to UI/UX, including direct experience in both qualitative and quantitative analysis, A/B testing, wire framing, prototyping, developing user feedback loops
- Detail oriented and self-sufficient, ability to find creative solutions and build something from scratch
Experience That Would Impress the Pants Off Us:
- Startup experience
- A background in insurance or financial services industries
- Experience working for a web-based consumer marketplace
- Technical experience with software development/publishing code
- Creative design skills
- Competitive compensation
- Health, dental, & vision benefits
- Career advancement opportunities
- Stock options
- Monthly home maid service
- Feel good perk
- Work hard / Play hard culture
About The Zebra:
The Zebra is the most comprehensive online car insurance comparison platform in the U.S. Since 2012, the company has brought transparency and simplicity to car insurance shopping — “car insurance in black and white.” The Zebra compares over 200 car insurance companies, and with its real-time, side-by-side quote comparison tool, drivers can easily and quickly find the coverage, service level, and pricing to suit their unique needs.
Headquartered in Austin, Texas, The Zebra has garnered the attention and investment of some of the nation’s top venture capitalists, and the company’s success has been profiled in publications like Inc., Time, Forbes, and TechCrunch. Austin Business Journal named The Zebra a Best Place to Work in 2015, 2016, and 2017. Austin American-Statesman also awarded The Zebra as a Top Workplace in 2016.
The Zebra is aiming to grow our fantastic team to add to our dynamic culture and continue building on our success. Working at The Zebra means never being bored, always being challenged, and supporting one another. We’re a happy, hardworking group, and we’re eager to add “new stripes” who share those values.
The Zebra is an equal opportunity employer and “at will” company.