Insurance Sales Agent
Austin, TX 78701
Austin start-up The Zebra—recently named one of Austin’s Best Places to Work by the Austin Business Journal— is looking for talented sales professionals to join our bustling Downtown call center and tight-knit team.
What You'll Do:
- Answer inbound phone calls for the company—most of these calls will be consumers calling who need help with our online products
- Work schedule will fit between 8 AM - 8 PM Monday - Friday and may include Saturdays/Sundays
Requirements That Would Impress The Pants Off Us:
- 2+ years experience in auto insurance sales
- Texas Property and Casualty (P&C) license is required and additional state licenses are a plus
- Hav attention to detail
- Have the ability to multi-task
- Sales person to the max! We're looking for closers!
Our Match Made In Heaven:
- Value self-awareness, intellectual honesty, judgment, empathy & positive energy - often over experience
- Prefer startups to the corporate world and want a busy environment where you can add real value and contribute your ideas
- Believe everyone is entitled to the same level of respect, regardless of their position or title
- Have a passion for delivering a superior experience to our customers, clients, vendors & one another
- Work hard because we love what we’re doing, but play hard too ;)
- Want you to love what you're doing here and will ensure you get every opportunity to learn and grow via managers that are engaged and a team that just rocks!
- Competitive hourly rate
- Monthly incentive program
- Paid health, dental, & vision benefits
- Working with a small, close-knit team in a young, promising company
- Career advancement opportunities
- Stock options
- Monthly home maid service
- Feel good perk (for legal things that make you feel good!)
- Work hard / Play hard culture
- Monthly and quarterly team outings
- Open bar and keg
About The Zebra:
The Zebra is the most comprehensive online car insurance comparison platform in the U.S. Since 2012, the company has brought transparency and simplicity to car insurance shopping — “car insurance in black and white.” The Zebra compares over 200 car insurance companies, and with its real-time, side-by-side quote comparison tool, drivers can easily and quickly find the coverage, service level, and pricing to suit their unique needs.
Headquartered in Austin, Texas, The Zebra has garnered the attention and investment of some of the nation’s top venture capitalists, and the company’s success has been profiled in publications like Inc., Time, Forbes, and TechCrunch. Austin Business Journal named The Zebra a Best Place to Work in 2015, 2016, and 2017. Austin American-Statesman also awarded The Zebra as a Top Workplace in 2016.
The Zebra is aiming to grow our fantastic team to add to our dynamic culture and continue building on our success. Working at The Zebra means never being bored, always being challenged, and supporting one another. We’re a happy, hardworking group, and we’re eager to add “new stripes” who share those values.
The Zebra is an equal opportunity employer and “at will” company.