Digital Media Manager - Programmatic/Display
If you geek out on high quantities of data and creative customer acquisition solutions The Zebra might have a role for you! We are seeking a Digital Media Manager to discover and optimize programmatic digital media channels and drive revenue and new customer acquisition. The Digital Media Manager is responsible for establishing and developing cost-effective display and programmatic media and vendor relationships with the aim of driving scalable, targeted, and profitable traffic. An individual in this position will identify appropriate partners, negotiate pricing, and acquire inventory (display, video, native, etc.) on a CPC, CPA, CPV, and CPM basis. A thorough, hands-on knowledge of programmatic media (Google’s DoubleClick Ad Products DBM & DCM, MediaMath, Rocket Fuel, etc.) is required. A critical eye for detail and a love for data analysis is a must. Experience with online video and mobile campaigns with a focus on ROI is a strong plus.
What You'll Do;
- Establish and grow the programmatic media channel into a meaningful part of the business
- Identify appropriate media partners and strategic opportunities
- Negotiate opportunities with new and current media partners
- Develop and manage performance of campaigns with various performance and acquisition pricing models
- Deliver daily forecasts, identify budget reallocations and other optimizations to improve ROI
- Establish proper attribution and conversion windows for both click and view-through conversions by using various internal and external tools and reports
- Work with creative and analytics team to optimize both ads and landing pages
- Plan and purchase digital media (display, native, mobile, video) while effectively meeting CPA / ROI goals for direct response campaigns
- Manage campaigns from concept to completion
- Employ best practices, drive continuous innovation, and data-driven performance through:
- Automation and data integration projects, identifying high-performing sources of traffic and implementing private marketplace deals (PMPs), audience profiling and advanced targeting methods, cross-channel impact (phone/web) optimization, value (LTV) optimization
Our Match Made in Heaven
- Has a strong understanding of emerging trends and platforms in the digital media buying ecosystem
- Has experience partnering with data analysts on extracting actionable insights from media reporting leading to campaign optimizations and improvements
- Understands the ever-changing media landscape as it pertains to automation, data, and ad tech capabilities
- Strong experience with ad serving tools and buying programmatic media through DSPs to meet performance marketing goals required
- Experience with Lead Gen and Finance/Insurance-related businesses/clients preferred
- Experience with multi-touch and cross-device attribution, conversion lift testing, and conversion pathing analysis highly preferred
- Has a passion for the emerging media landscape and keeps up with current trends and technologies
Requirements That Would Impress the Pants Off Us
- 5+ years of experience working as a digital media manager, digital media planner, or trading desk trader/strategist.
- Anything with applicable experience from the publisher, client or agency sideClear, solid understanding of the media planning and buying process and can be self-sufficient in campaign set-up and ongoing maintenance
- Strong project management skills to meet deadlines and juggle an ever-changing set of priorities
- The ability to work independently as well as partner/collaborate on overall campaign strategy and goals
- Experience managing large marketing and advertising budgets
- Programmatic advertising experience, specifically in direct response/lead gen
- Excellent communication skills, both oral and written, with strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Demonstrated success in leading the strategy, management, and optimization of the programmatic channel for a high growth company
- Competitive compensation
- Health, dental, & vision benefits
- Career advancement opportunities
- Stock options
- Monthly home maid service
- Feel good perk
- Work hard / Play hard culture
About The Zebra:
The Zebra is the most comprehensive online car insurance comparison platform in the U.S. Since 2012, the company has brought transparency and simplicity to car insurance shopping — “car insurance in black and white.” The Zebra compares over 200 car insurance companies, and with its real-time, side-by-side quote comparison tool, drivers can easily and quickly find the coverage, service level, and pricing to suit their unique needs.
Headquartered in Austin, Texas, The Zebra has garnered the attention and investment of some of the nation’s top venture capitalists, and the company’s success has been profiled in publications like Inc., Time, Forbes, and TechCrunch. Austin Business Journal named The Zebra a Best Place to Work in 2015, 2016, and 2017. Austin American-Statesman also awarded The Zebra as a Top Workplace in 2016.
The Zebra is aiming to grow our fantastic team to add to our dynamic culture and continue building on our success. Working at The Zebra means never being bored, always being challenged, and supporting one another. We’re a happy, hardworking group, and we’re eager to add “new stripes” who share those values.
The Zebra is an equal opportunity employer and “at will” company.