The Zebra, named a Best Place to Work in Austin three years running, is revolutionizing how connected consumers research and shop for insurance. We’re a purpose-driven company looking for a Designer to collaborate with cross-functional partners and team leaders to define project objectives, manage a portfolio of projects, and deliver compelling digital, print, and environmental visual content.
What You'll Do:
- Partner with team members and leaders to define project requirements and objectives
- Create and execute high quality, on-brand concepts, designs, and assets
- Provide design insights, point-of-view, and recommendations across portfolio of projects
- Own your production pipeline by managing your projects and priorities and by maintaining appropriate communication with all stakeholders.
- Provide creative direction and oversight on portfolio of projects
- Ensure that all projects comply with design, brand, and legal requirements and standards.
- Ensure all projects align with our overall creative strategy
- Contribute to the development and improvement of design processes and standards
Our Match Made in Heaven:
- 6+ years of design experience with an emphasis on interactive design
- Ability to prioritize, manage, and work on multiple projects at once without sacrificing quality or standards
- Excellent organization and communication skills
- Experience providing leadership and guidance to other designers
- Mastery of the Adobe Creative Suite
- Experience with Sketch, Invision, or other prototyping tools
- A strong portfolio that communicates collaboration, creativity, and innovative approaches to problem solving
- A team-first attitude and fun, positive personality
- Experience in animation, video, or other motion design
- You’re a champion of human-centered design
- Experience working in a fast-paced environment managing multiple projects and stakeholders
- Competitive compensation
- Health, dental, & vision benefits
- Working with a small team of passionate, collaborative, and engaged people
- Stock options
- Monthly home maid service
- Wellness perk
- Work / Life Balance culture
About The Zebra:
The Zebra is the most comprehensive online car insurance comparison platform in the U.S. Since 2012, the company has brought transparency and simplicity to car insurance shopping — “car insurance in black and white.” The Zebra compares over 200 car insurance companies, and with its real-time, side-by-side quote comparison tool, drivers can easily and quickly find the coverage, service level, and pricing to suit their unique needs.
Headquartered in Austin, Texas, The Zebra has garnered the attention and investment of some of the nation’s top venture capitalists, and the company’s success has been profiled in publications like Inc., Time, Forbes, and TechCrunch. Austin Business Journal also named The Zebra a Best Place to Work in 2015.
The Zebra is aiming to grow our fantastic team to add to our dynamic culture and continue building on our success. Working at The Zebra means never being bored, always being challenged, and supporting one another. We’re a happy, hardworking group, and we’re eager to add “new stripes” who share those values.
The Zebra is an equal opportunity employer and “at will” company.