Email Marketing Specialist
Austin, TX /
The Zebra is seeking an experienced, data-driven Email Marketing Specialist on the marketing team. You will focus on the testing and execution of highly-personalized email, as well as the overall health of the program. The successful candidate will have solid experience leading data-driven email lifecycles, strong deliverability knowledge, and a creative approach to problem solving.
Please note - all new hires must be able to relocate to Austin, Texas by the time of their start date.
WHAT YOU'LL DO:
- Strategize and implement new email templates and workflows. Manage customer segmentation and contact strategies to drive increased traffic, revenue and retention
- Optimize and improve remarketing programs to maximize return traffic, customers and revenue
- Work interdepartmentally with Product, Engineering, and Creative to build out best in class email campaigns on an ongoing basis
- Report metrics and provide detailed weekly and monthly reporting of email KPIs, campaign summaries, and analyses of A/B test cases to drive ongoing improvement and optimization
- Monitor and manage deliverability across major email providers.
REQUIREMENTS / QUALIFICATIONS:
- Ability to work with platforms such as Iterable (preferred), SFMC, Responsys, etc. to manage email lists, conduct audience segmentation, A/B testing, and deploy and track email campaigns
- Experience working within a consumer-facing organization with multiple product lines.
- Understanding of deliverability best practices and knowledge of major monitoring tools such as Google Postmaster Tools or 250ok.
- Familiarity with HTML and CSS (you won’t be building, but you should be able to swap text without a WYSIWYG) as well as Sketch, Invision and/or Adobe Creative Cloud. Strong project management skills and ability to work independently.
- Curiosity about new technologies, interest in learning, and drive for solutions over problems a must.
EXPERIENCE THAT WILL IMPRESS THE HECK OUT OF US:
- 5-7 years of email marketing experience
- Background in successfully cross-selling and upselling service-based products.
- Extensive knowledge of email best practices, deliverability improvement/maintenance, reputation management, CAN-SPAM compliance and industry standard KPIs
- Past experience with marketplace-type fields such as insurance or finance.
BENEFITS + PERKS:
- Competitive Compensation & Stock Option Offering
- Health, Dental, Vision & Disability Coverages
- HSA offering + employer contribution
- Unlimited PTO + flexibility to enjoy it
- Paid Parental Leave Program
- Commuter Benefits (up to $100/month)
- Wellness perk ($100/month)
- Learning & Development Stipends
- Onsite Full Service Barista
- Wednesday Catered Lunch + Fully Stocked Fridges
- Opportunity to join Employee Resource Groups (ERGs) or drive our diversity & inclusion stance by creating your own
- Join a team that truly lives their values, and values their lives (outside of the office. Cliche, we know… but we really mean it)
ABOUT THE ZEBRA
The Zebra is the nation's leading, independent insurance comparison site. With its dynamic, real-time quote comparison tool, consumers can identify insurance companies with the coverage, service level, and pricing to suit their unique needs. The Zebra compares multiple insurance companies and provides agent support and educational resources to ensure consumers are equipped to make the most informed decisions about their home and auto insurance. Headquartered in Austin, Texas, The Zebra has sought to bring transparency and simplicity to insurance shopping since 2012 — it's "insurance in black and white."
The Zebra has garnered the attention and investment of some of the nation’s top venture capitalists, and the company’s success has been profiled in publications like Inc., The New York Times, Forbes, and TechCrunch. Local and national publications have named The Zebra as a Best Place to Work, including Austin Business Journal in 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2020, The Austin American-Statesman in 2016, 2017, 2018, and 2020 and Inc. Magazine on their nationally-recognized list from 2018-2020.
The Zebra is aiming to grow our fantastic team to add to our dynamic culture and continue building on our success. Working at The Zebra means never being bored, always being challenged, and supporting one another. We’re a happy, hardworking group, and we’re eager to add “new stripes” who share those values.
The Zebra is an equal opportunity employer and “at will” company.
As part of our dedication to maintaining an inclusive and diverse workforce, The Zebra provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, The Zebra complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
The Zebra expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of The Zebra's employees to perform their job duties may result in discipline up to and including discharge.
**No external recruiters or agents, please.**