Senior Director, Paid Media
Austin, TX /
The Zebra, the nation’s leading insurance comparison site, is looking for a Senior Director, Paid Media with a successful record of leading customer acquisition efforts via paid media channels. You will be responsible for growing and scaling The Zebra’s existing marketing channels while also expanding and diversifying the marketing portfolio. The ideal candidate will have a sharp, data-driven mindset with deep expertise in online and offline channels and will know how to organize and grow a team for scale. We're looking for someone who is both scrappy and strategic with a strong drive for results.
WHAT YOU'LL DO:
- Build and support a world class marketing team that has testing and data at the heart of it; be a great mentor and teacher for your team
- Be responsible for overall strategy, management and optimization of all paid media channels, channel managers, and external agencies
- Develop aggressive media buying strategies that generate substantial and quantifiable revenue and profit for the business
- Be on the forefront of exploring new technologies and media platforms; push the boundaries of innovation across all channels
- Identify, test and optimize the best channels to drive revenue and ROI; drive continuous improvements to achieve business objectives
- Build out strategy to identify new sources of customer acquisition through emerging platforms, partners, strategies and channels
- Use analytical and modeling skills to understand channel economics and optimize marketing activitiesIn partnership with Marketing Leadership, Analytics, Product, and Commercialization: Build and deliver on monthly/annual budgets and forecasts. Dive deep into customer behavior analysis, segmentation and profiling to improve both media efficiency and quality of traffic. Support accurate attribution across all media channels including cross-device and online/offline behavior
- Partner with the broader marketing team to ensure connectivity and cohesiveness between organic, brand marketing, and performance marketing efforts
- Review performance metrics, progress, and goal achievement with key stakeholders on a weekly and monthly basis
- A minimum of 10 years experience in digital and performance marketing
- 3-5 years experience in traditional/offline media (TV, radio, print)
- 5+ years of experience managing a high performance marketing team
- Experience with multi-touch attribution tools and reporting, 3rd party ad serving, PPC bidding platforms and algorithms, and associated digital ad technologies/MARTECH
- Experience developing integrated campaigns across multiple channels
- Experience managing budgets and hitting monthly goals for spend, revenue and key performance metrics
- Experience selecting and managing agencies and external vendors
- Rigorous testing mentality; experienced in A/B, incrementality, and hold-out testing
- Vast knowledge of success metrics, behavioral and demographic targeting and ROI-driven optimization techniques
- Track record of driving exceptional campaign results; specifically driving revenue growth and profitable margins
- Excellent planning communication skills – both verbal and written to clearly convey market dynamics, strategies, tactics, rationale and results
- Enjoy and thrive in a dynamic, fast-paced environment
- Proven ability to build strong collaborative working relationships across departments and at all levels
- High levels of integrity, autonomy, and self-motivation
BENEFITS + PERKS:
- Competitive Compensation & Stock Option Offering
- Health, Dental, Vision & Disability Coverages
- HSA offering + employer contribution
- Unlimited PTO + flexibility to enjoy it
- Paid Parental Leave Program
- Commuter Benefits (up to $100/month)
- Wellness perk ($100/month)
- Learning & Development Stipends
- Onsite Full Service Barista
- Wednesday Catered Lunch + Fully Stocked Fridges
- Opportunity to join Employee Resource Groups (ERGs) or drive our diversity & inclusion stance by creating your own
- Join a team that truly lives their values, and values their lives (outside of the office. Cliche, we know… but we really mean it)
ABOUT THE ZEBRA
The Zebra is the most comprehensive online car insurance comparison platform in the U.S. Since 2012, the company has brought transparency and simplicity to car insurance shopping — “car insurance in black and white.” The Zebra compares over 200 car insurance companies, and with its real-time, side-by-side quote comparison tool, drivers can easily and quickly find the coverage, service level, and pricing to suit their unique needs.
Headquartered in Austin, Texas, The Zebra has garnered the attention and investment of some of the nation’s top venture capitalists, and the company’s success has been profiled in publications like Inc., Time, Forbes, and TechCrunch. Austin Business Journal named The Zebra a Best Place to Work in 2015, 2016, 2017, and 2018. Austin American-Statesman also awarded The Zebra as a Top Workplace in 2016, 2017, and 2018.
The Zebra is aiming to grow our fantastic team to add to our dynamic culture and continue building on our success. Working at The Zebra means never being bored, always being challenged, and supporting one another. We’re a happy, hardworking group, and we’re eager to add “new stripes” who share those values.
The Zebra is an equal opportunity employer and “at will” company.
As part of our dedication to maintaining an inclusive and diverse workforce, The Zebra provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, The Zebra complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
The Zebra expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of The Zebra's employees to perform their job duties may result in discipline up to and including discharge.
**No external recruiters or agents, please.**