Automation QA Engineer - Mobile
The Zebra -- recently named one of Austin’s Best Places to Work by the Austin Business Journal -- is expanding our QA team. We’re looking for someone with a passion for breaking things!
We are seeking an intelligent, scrappy, self-motivated and eager Automated QA Specialist who can help us deliver high-quality products quickly and efficiently. From spec, to concept and then full-scale production, you’ll play a vital role in helping to execute against our product roadmap and disrupt the auto insurance industry.
What you’ll do:
- Become an expert in our products and how they function
- Work with our Lead QA Engineer, developers and product managers to design test plans
- Perform investigative testing on issues as required
- Find, reproduce, and document software issues
- Generate and maintain test data and the test environment
- Monitor automation processes and prepare defect status reports
- Create, optimize, and refactor automated test scripts for client-server and web application
- Work with functional teams in reducing error rates and perform root cause analysis of errors/trends
Our Match Made In Heaven:
- 5+ years of QA and/or relevant experience with complex web applications and software systems
- 2+ years of QA test automation experience with mobile applications
- Proven expertise in Python – and the ability to write code from scratch
- Experience performing and directing cross-browser and cross-device testing
- Experience with Selenium Webdriver, Appium hands-on testing experience on iOS, and/or Android
- Knowledge of Mac, Windows and Linux operating systems
- Experience in Web and Mobile testing
- Self-starter / demonstrated ability to initiate and drive continuous improvement
- Strong sense of ownership and pride in the quality of work
Experience That Would Impress The Pants Off Us:
- Knowledge of the insurance industry
- Additional experience with performance and load testing is highly desirable
Test tools/Programming Languages:
- Python, Java
- HTML, CSS knowledge
- Selenium Webdriver, Appium or similar test automation framework
- Behave scripting
- Eclipse, Pycharm or similar IDE
- Git hub or similar source control tool
- SouseLabs, Browserstack, CrossBrowserTesting or similar tool
- Jenkins or similar continuous integration tool
- Competitive compensation
- Health, dental, & vision benefits
- Working with a small team of passionate, collaborative, and engaged people
- Stock options
- Monthly home maid service
- Feel good perk
- Work hard / Play hard culture
About The Zebra:
The Zebra is the most comprehensive online car insurance comparison platform in the U.S. Since 2012, the company has brought transparency and simplicity to car insurance shopping — “car insurance in black and white.” The Zebra compares over 200 car insurance companies, and with its real-time, side-by-side quote comparison tool, drivers can easily and quickly find the coverage, service level, and pricing to suit their unique needs.
Headquartered in Austin, Texas, The Zebra has garnered the attention and investment of some of the nation’s top venture capitalists, and the company’s success has been profiled in publications like Inc., Time, Forbes, and TechCrunch. Austin Business Journal named The Zebra a Best Place to Work in 2015, 2016, and 2017. Austin American-Statesman also awarded The Zebra as a Top Workplace in 2016.
The Zebra is aiming to grow our fantastic team to add to our dynamic culture and continue building on our success. Working at The Zebra means never being bored, always being challenged, and supporting one another. We’re a happy, hardworking group, and we’re eager to add “new stripes” who share those values.
The Zebra is an equal opportunity employer and “at will” company.