People Business Partner, Sales & Customer Support
Austin, TX /
Corp Admin /
The Zebra, named a Best Place to Work in Austin four years running, is looking for a People Business Partner (aka: HRBP) to serve as a tactical and strategic partner (locked arms with the business, our department leaders and their respective teams) to support our Sales and Customer Support Team.
Our Sales & Customer Support PBP will develop strong, trusted relationship across the Sales department, acting as a unifier, employee and company champion, and trusted advisor to our sales managers and employees alike. Reporting directly to our People Business Partner Lead, they’ll be a critical member of our growing People Team, responsible for a full scope of Generalist responsibilities, and a strong culture contributor who demonstrates The Zebra's values daily.
Please note - all new hires must be able to relocate to Austin, Texas by the time of their start date.
This position is not currently eligible for visa sponsorship
WHAT YOU'LL DO:
- Collaborate with other People Team functional partners to execute People strategies and initiatives
- Establish trust & strategic partnerships with department leaders in order to support their People needs & goals, from employee engagement to performance management, ultimately supporting your business leader in increasing their organizational effectiveness
- Counsel and support your business leaders with employee and manager development, talent management, interpersonal and team dynamics, retention, benefits, and legal compliance
- Provide expertise in development and execution, planning, and facilitation of employee relations efforts
- Support the strategic creation, communication, rollout and adoption of People programs and policies within your business unit, ensuring programs and processes are equitable, effective, and scalable
- Model The Zebra’s values and desired behaviors to build and sustain a diverse, equitable, and inclusive environment
- Contribute to the People team’s collective goal of leading with empathy, kindness, equity and grit
REQUIREMENTS / QUALIFICATIONS:
- Must have a minimum of 2 years in an HR Business Partner role, preferably supporting Sales and/or Customer Support
- 5+ years of HR Generalist (or equivalent) experience, including working closely with senior sales and customer success leaders
- High energy with a hands-on “doer” mentality
- High emotional intelligence
- Proven experience successfully partnering with business group leadership to develop and implement People strategies
- Sound judgment and strong business acumen
- Willingness to support our Sales & Customer Support team 'on-call' as needed for emergencies during non-core hours (Sat/Sun daytime)
- Strong working knowledge of FLSA, FMLA, EEO laws, ADA and other employment related State and Federal laws & regulations
- Discretion and confidentiality are essential pillars of your personal HR/People brand
- Inclusion, Diversity, Equity and Action aren’t buzz words in your world - they are key elements of the lens you view your professional world through
- You pride yourself on your strong interpersonal skills, ability to build trusted working relationships and develop/deliver fair and equitable solutions
- You understand the criticality and are an example of effective, balanced and clear communication with a professional and kind demeanor
- Adept at diagnosing critical people issues and enabling leaders and managers to connect behaviors to outcomes and implement appropriate solutions
- You demonstrate discipline and adaptability in ambiguous environments; are able to balance multiple, competing priorities and projects
- Excited to bring expertise, enthusiasm, flexibility, and patience to our growing team in a fast-paced, fun, highly-collaborative scaling start-up environment
EXPERIENCE THAT WILL IMPRESS THE HECK OUT OF US:
- Current PHR/SHRM-CP or equivalent certification
- HR/People Ops experience in scaling start-up or growth stage organizations
- A background in B2C, Insurance or Financial service industries
BENEFITS + PERKS:
- Competitive Compensation & Stock Option Offering
- Health, Dental, Vision & Disability Coverages
- HSA offering + employer contribution
- 401k with match
- Unlimited PTO + flexibility to enjoy it
- Paid Parental Leave Program
- Wellness perk ($100/month)
- Pet Adoption Reimbursement ($300/year)
- Learning & Development Stipends
- Bi-Monthly Wednesday Catered Lunch
- Zeal Care - Monthly wellness subscriptions ($35/month)
- Curated monthly snack box - sent to your house
- Opportunity to join Employee Resource Groups (ERGs) or drive our diversity & inclusion stance by creating your own
- Join a team that truly lives their values, and values their lives (outside of the office. Cliche, we know… but we really mean it)
ABOUT THE ZEBRA
The Zebra is the nation's leading, independent insurance comparison site. With its dynamic, real-time quote comparison tool, consumers can identify insurance companies with the coverage, service level, and pricing to suit their unique needs. The Zebra compares multiple insurance companies and provides agent support and educational resources to ensure consumers are equipped to make the most informed decisions about their home and auto insurance. Headquartered in Austin, Texas, The Zebra has sought to bring transparency and simplicity to insurance shopping since 2012 — it's "insurance in black and white."
The Zebra has garnered the attention and investment of some of the nation’s top venture capitalists, and the company’s success has been profiled in publications like Inc., The New York Times, Forbes, and TechCrunch. Local and national publications have named The Zebra as a Best Place to Work, including Austin Business Journal in 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2020, The Austin American-Statesman in 2016, 2017, 2018, and 2020 and Inc. Magazine on their nationally-recognized list from 2018-2020.
The Zebra is aiming to grow our fantastic team to add to our dynamic culture and continue building on our success. Working at The Zebra means never being bored, always being challenged, and supporting one another. We’re a happy, hardworking group, and we’re eager to add “new stripes” who share those values.
The Zebra is an equal opportunity employer and “at will” company.
As part of our dedication to maintaining an inclusive and diverse workforce, The Zebra provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, The Zebra complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
The Zebra expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of The Zebra's employees to perform their job duties may result in discipline up to and including discharge.
**No external recruiters or agents, please.**