Manual QA Specialist
The Zebra -- recently named one of Austin’s Best Places to Work by the Austin Business Journal -- is expanding our QA team. We’re looking for someone with a passion for breaking things!
We are seeking an intelligent, scrappy, self-motivated and eager Manual QA Specialist who can help us deliver high-quality products quickly and efficiently. You should take pride in contributing to the release of quality products. From spec, to concept and then full-scale production, you’ll play a vital role in helping to execute against our product roadmap and disrupt the auto insurance industry.
What You'll Do:
- Plan, create, maintain, and execute manual tests of software functionality, load, and performance
- Become an expert in our products and how they function
- Work with our Lead QA Engineer, developers and product managers to design test plans
- Perform investigative testing on issues as requiredFind, reproduce, and document software issues
- Generate and maintain test data and the test environment
Our Match Made in Heaven:
- 3+ years of QA and/or relevant experience with complex web applications and software systems
- Has a real passion for testing and quality assurance
- Experience performing and directing cross-browser and cross-device testing
- Knowledge of Mac, Windows and Linux operating systems
- Experience in Web and Mobile testing
- Strong attention to detail
- Strong sense of ownership and pride in the quality of work
Experience That Would Impress the Heck Out of Us:
- Experience with CI systems (Jenkins, Codeship, etc)
- Knowledge of the insurance industry
- Competitive compensation
- Health, dental, & vision benefits
- Working with a small team of passionate, collaborative and engaged people
- Stock options
- Wellness perk or Monthly home maid service
- Work / Life Balance culture
About The Zebra:
The Zebra is the most comprehensive online car insurance comparison platform in the U.S. Since 2012, the company has brought transparency and simplicity to car insurance shopping — “car insurance in black and white.” The Zebra compares over 200 car insurance companies, and with its real-time, side-by-side quote comparison tool, drivers can easily and quickly find the coverage, service level, and pricing to suit their unique needs.
Headquartered in Austin, Texas, The Zebra has garnered the attention and investment of some of the nation’s top venture capitalists, and the company’s success has been profiled in publications like Inc., Time, Forbes, and TechCrunch. Austin Business Journal named The Zebra a Best Place to Work in 2015, 2016, and 2017. Austin American-Statesman also awarded The Zebra as a Top Workplace in 2016.
The Zebra is aiming to grow our fantastic team to add to our dynamic culture and continue building on our success. Working at The Zebra means never being bored, always being challenged, and supporting one another. We’re a happy, hardworking group, and we’re eager to add “new stripes” who share those values.
The Zebra is an equal opportunity employer and “at will” company.
As part of our dedication to maintaining an inclusive and diverse workforce, The Zebra provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, The Zebra complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
The Zebra expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of The Zebra's employees to perform their job duties may result in discipline up to and including discharge.
**No external recruiters or agents, please.**