Account Coordinator, Business Development and Partnerships
Austin, TX /
Inside Sales /
The Zebra, named a Best Place to Work in Austin four years running, is revolutionizing how connected consumers research and shop for insurance. We’re a purpose-driven company looking for a Business Development and Partnerships Account Coordinator to help us grow and expand our business. This cross-functional role will be responsible for supporting the Business Development and Partnerships team to secure new partnerships with insurance carriers and other 3rd parties that will drive incremental revenue.
Please note - all new hires must be able to relocate to Austin, Texas by the time of their start date.
WHAT YOU'LL DO:
- Build and maintain pipeline of carriers and partners; support business development team to identify key decision makers
- Perform outbound prospecting efforts to schedule new business meetings
- Prepare customized meeting materials and create analytics reports to support client acquisition
- Work with business development team to prepare for prospect meetings, and provide support on follow up deliverables
- Perform regular data analysis to understand trends and changes within our business to inform business development strategy
- Manage onboarding contract documentation and support management of contracts
- Act as a liaison across the company to onboard new partnerships with Agency, Analytics, Product, Integrations, Compliance, and others
- Create regular reporting for senior leadership updates and CRM system management
- Perform industry and competitive analysis and present findings to leadership
- Support business development team at key industry events and ensure The Zebra is well represented
- Ad hoc projects and initiatives
REQUIREMENTS / QUALIFICATIONS:
- 1-3 years of client facing experience in strategic partnerships, digital marketing, insurance (or related relevant experience)
- Comfortable with analytics (pulling, reading, and interpreting data) and packaging it in a digestible format for partners
- Proficient in Excel and Powerpoint
- Strong written and verbal communication
- Big picture strategic vision with focused attention to detail
- Strong organizational skills
- Self-starter with a drive to succeed
- Ability to manage multiple projects at once and prioritize
- Passion for and desire to build a career in business development and partnerships
BENEFITS + PERKS:
- Competitive Compensation & Stock Option Offering
- Health, Dental, Vision & Disability Coverages
- HSA offering + employer contribution
- Unlimited PTO + flexibility to enjoy it
- Paid Parental Leave Program
- Commuter Benefits (up to $100/month)
- Wellness perk ($100/month)
- Learning & Development Stipends
- Onsite Full Service Barista
- Wednesday Catered Lunch + Fully Stocked Fridges
- Opportunity to join Employee Resource Groups (ERGs) or drive our diversity & inclusion stance by creating your own
- Join a team that truly lives their values, and values their lives (outside of the office. Cliche, we know… but we really mean it)
ABOUT THE ZEBRA
The Zebra is the nation's leading, independent insurance comparison site. With its dynamic, real-time quote comparison tool, consumers can identify insurance companies with the coverage, service level, and pricing to suit their unique needs. The Zebra compares multiple insurance companies and provides agent support and educational resources to ensure consumers are equipped to make the most informed decisions about their home and auto insurance. Headquartered in Austin, Texas, The Zebra has sought to bring transparency and simplicity to insurance shopping since 2012 — it's "insurance in black and white."
The Zebra has garnered the attention and investment of some of the nation’s top venture capitalists, and the company’s success has been profiled in publications like Inc., The New York Times, Forbes, and TechCrunch. Local and national publications have named The Zebra as a Best Place to Work, including Austin Business Journal in 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2020, The Austin American-Statesman in 2016, 2017, 2018, and 2020 and Inc. Magazine on their nationally-recognized list from 2018-2020.
The Zebra is aiming to grow our fantastic team to add to our dynamic culture and continue building on our success. Working at The Zebra means never being bored, always being challenged, and supporting one another. We’re a happy, hardworking group, and we’re eager to add “new stripes” who share those values.
The Zebra is an equal opportunity employer and “at will” company.
As part of our dedication to maintaining an inclusive and diverse workforce, The Zebra provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, The Zebra complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
The Zebra expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of The Zebra's employees to perform their job duties may result in discipline up to and including discharge.
**No external recruiters or agents, please.**