Digital Media Manager
The Zebra is seeking a Digital Media Manager to lead several of our digital advertising channels, with the intent to drive revenue and new customer acquisition. As the Digital Media Manager, you will plan, build, buy, track, and optimize digital media campaigns through a variety of ad platforms. You will manage Paid Social, Native, and Programmatic channels, owning the strategy and execution with little need for outside support. The Digital Media Manager is responsible for establishing and developing cost-effective media and vendor relationships, with the aim of driving scalable, targeted, and profitable traffic.
WHAT YOU'LL DO:
- Identify appropriate digital media partners; negotiate opportunities with both current and new vendors
- Develop and manage campaigns from concept to completion on CPC, CPA, and CPM models; optimize campaigns to internal ROI and volume metrics
- Build and scale multiple new campaigns per month across a variety of platforms, prioritizing by revenue opportunity
- Work with the Design and Content teams to create ads, copy and landing pages
- Partner with the Analytics team to establish proper conversion windows for both click and view-through conversions via attribution model learnings
- Develop and execute A/B tests that align with our overall marketing strategy
- Analyze data against the defined campaign success metrics; develop and implement new strategies for campaign expansion
- Explore emerging and non-traditional marketing channels
REQUIREMENTS / QUALIFICATIONS:
- Background in B2C Marketing, including Finance and Insurance related businesses
- Paid Social experience in Direct Response and/or Lead Generation
- Campaign management experience with Facebook, Instagram, Pinterest and/or other Social Media platforms required
- Marketing experience with Yahoo Gemini, Outbrain, Taboola and/or other Native advertising companies
- Programmatic media buying experience with DSPs such as DoubleClick Bid Manager or MediaMath
- Experience partnering with data analysts on extracting actionable insights from media reporting, leading to campaign optimizations and improvements
- Can think outside the box and has a test, learn, and iterate marketing approach
- Strong project management skills to meet deadlines and can juggle an ever-changing set of priorities
- The ability to work independently and as a partner to collaborate on overall campaign strategies and goals
EXPERIENCE THAT WILL IMPRESS THE HECK OUT OF US:
- 3-5 years of working as a media buyer, media planner and/or media analyst
- Applicable experience from the publisher, client or agency side
- Clear, solid understanding of the media planning and buying process
- Experience owning and executing campaigns with minimal support, from the publisher research stage to continual optimization of proven programs
- Demonstrated success in leading the strategy, management, and optimization of Paid Social and Native Media channels for a high growth company
- Experience managing large marketing and advertising budgets
- Excellent communication skills, both oral and written, with strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Basic knowledge of marketing attribution tools
BENEFITS + PERKS:
- Competitive compensation & stock option offering
- Health, dental, & vision benefits
- Unlimited PTO, Generous Paid Parental Leave
- Wellness perk ($100/month)
- Join a team that truly lives their values, and values their lives (outside of the office)
- Opportunity to join Employee Resource Groups (ERGs) or drive our diversity & inclusion stance by creating your own
- Working with a small team of passionate, collaborative and engaged people
ABOUT THE ZEBRA:
The Zebra is the most comprehensive online car insurance comparison platform in the U.S. Since 2012, the company has brought transparency and simplicity to car insurance shopping — “car insurance in black and white.” The Zebra compares over 200 car insurance companies, and with its real-time, side-by-side quote comparison tool, drivers can easily and quickly find the coverage, service level, and pricing to suit their unique needs.
Headquartered in Austin, Texas, The Zebra has garnered the attention and investment of some of the nation’s top venture capitalists, and the company’s success has been profiled in publications like Inc., Time, Forbes, and TechCrunch. Austin Business Journal named The Zebra a Best Place to Work in 2015, 2016, and 2017. Austin American-Statesman also awarded The Zebra as a Top Workplace in 2016.
The Zebra is aiming to grow our fantastic team to add to our dynamic culture and continue building on our success. Working at The Zebra means never being bored, always being challenged, and supporting one another. We’re a happy, hardworking group, and we’re eager to add “new stripes” who share those values.
The Zebra is an equal opportunity employer and “at will” company.
As part of our dedication to maintaining an inclusive and diverse workforce, The Zebra provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, The Zebra complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
The Zebra expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of The Zebra's employees to perform their job duties may result in discipline up to and including discharge.
**No external recruiters or agents, please.**