Customer Experience Agent
Austin, TX /
Inside Sales /
Austin insurance tech company The Zebra—recently named one of Austin’s Best Places to Work by the Austin Business Journal and one of America's Best Workplaces by Inc. Magazine! — is looking for talented Customer Experience Agents to join our bustling Downtown call center and tight-knit team.
As a Customer Experience Agent, you will be responsible for answering incoming calls and/or live chats from The Zebra’s customers and help them find the best possible solution, while delivering a world-class experience.
This is a developmental position with the expectation to be promoted to a Licensed Sales Agent or Licensed Customer Service Agent position. Candidates for this position should expect to transition into a licensed agent position within six to eight months based on openings and performance.
Please note - this is a full-time, 40 hour/week role paying $15/hr ($16/hr if bilingual).
Working hours are Monday-Sunday with varying pre-set schedules.
WHAT YOU'LL DO:
- Be the first point of contact for customers calling while visiting The Zebra’s website
- Help customers navigate The Zebra’s website
- Answer inbound calls from existing/potential customers to assist them with various requests
- Track customer requests and make recommendations to enhance the customer experience
- Support our Sales and Services departments
- Communicate effectively via online chat
- Miscellaneous duties as required
REQUIREMENTS / QUALIFICATIONS:
- 1+ years of phone experience in a sales or service environment preferred
- 1+ years of sales or customer service experience preferred
- Bilingual in Spanish is a plus
- Ability to effectively multitask and use multiple systems at once
- Strong computer skills
- Outstanding phone skills
- Enjoy working in a fast paced environment
- Flexibility with day to day operations
- A passion for a great customer experience
- The ability to obtain a P&C license by passing a licensing exam and meeting the Texas Department of Insurance background requirements
- A willingness to work with others within the organization to optimize user experience
- The ability to give and receive constructive feedback
- A strong desire to understand and support The Zebra.com’s user experience
- Working knowledge of Excel/Google sheet
BENEFITS + PERKS:
- Competitive Compensation & Stock Option OfferingHealth, Dental, Vision & Disability Coverages
- HSA offering + employer contribution
- PTO that is accrued with each pay period
- Paid Parental Leave Program
- Commuter Benefits (up to $100/month)
- Wellness perk ($100/month)
- Learning & Development Stipends
- Onsite Full Service Barista
- Wednesday Catered Lunch + Fully Stocked Fridges
- Opportunity to join Employee Resource Groups (ERGs) or drive our diversity & inclusion stance by creating your own
- Join a team that truly lives their values, and values their lives (outside of the office. Cliche, we know… but we really mean it)
ABOUT THE ZEBRA
The Zebra is the most comprehensive online car insurance comparison platform in the U.S. Since 2012, the company has brought transparency and simplicity to car insurance shopping — “car insurance in black and white.” The Zebra compares over 200 car insurance companies, and with its real-time, side-by-side quote comparison tool, drivers can easily and quickly find the coverage, service level, and pricing to suit their unique needs.
Headquartered in Austin, Texas, The Zebra has garnered the attention and investment of some of the nation’s top venture capitalists, and the company’s success has been profiled in publications like Inc., Time, Forbes, and TechCrunch. Austin Business Journal named The Zebra a Best Place to Work in 2015, 2016, and 2017. Austin American-Statesman also awarded The Zebra as a Top Workplace in 2016.
The Zebra is aiming to grow our fantastic team to add to our dynamic culture and continue building on our success. Working at The Zebra means never being bored, always being challenged, and supporting one another. We’re a happy, hardworking group, and we’re eager to add “new stripes” who share those values.
The Zebra is an equal opportunity employer and “at will” company.
As part of our dedication to maintaining an inclusive and diverse workforce, The Zebra provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, The Zebra complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
The Zebra expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of The Zebra's employees to perform their job duties may result in discipline up to and including discharge.
**No external recruiters or agents, please.**