Customer Experience Agent
Austin, TX /
Inside Sales /
ALL AGENTS THAT START WITH US BY JANUARY, 2021 WILL RECEIVE A $500 SIGN-ON BONUS!
Austin insurance tech company The Zebra—recently named one of Austin’s Best Places to Work by the Austin Business Journal and one of America's Best Workplaces by Inc. Magazine! — is looking for talented Customer Experience Agents (CEAs) to join our bustling Downtown call center and tight-knit team.
As a Customer Experience Agent (CEA), you will be responsible for answering incoming calls and/or live chats from The Zebra’s customers and help them find the best possible solution, while delivering a world-class experience.
This is a developmental role so this position is NOT your forever career. This role allows you to learn the ins and out of both P&C insurance and The Zebra. We will hire, train, and continuously coach you to be eligible for a promotion to either our licensed sales or service teams! Don’t worry about licensing fees; The Zebra has you covered. Candidates for this position should expect to transition into a licensed agent position within five to eight months (based on openings and performance).
Please note - this is a full-time, 40 hour/week role. Working hours are Monday-Sunday with varying pre-set schedules.
Due to Covid, our agents are starting off 100% remote. Once office hours go back to normal, employees will spend half of their week in our downtown Austin office and half of their week working remotely.
We are actively recruiting for CEAs in San Antonio, Texas! Once normal in-office hours are back in place (post-Covid), San Antonio employees must be available to travel (on their own dime) to the Austin office on a consistent basis as needed.
Keep reading to learn more about our amazing perks and benefits!
WHAT YOU'LL DO:
- Be the first point of contact for customers calling while visiting The Zebra’s website
- Help customers navigate The Zebra’s website
- Answer inbound calls from existing/potential customers to assist them with various requests
- Track customer requests and make recommendations to enhance the customer experience
- Support our Sales and Services departments
- Communicate effectively via online chat
- Miscellaneous duties as required
REQUIREMENTS / QUALIFICATIONS:
- 1+ years of sales or customer service experience preferred (phone experience a plus)!
- Bilingual in Spanish is a plus (and $1/hr more)
- Ability to effectively multitask and use multiple systems at once
- Strong computer skills
- Outstanding phone skills
- Enjoy working in a fast paced environment
- Flexibility with day to day operations
- A passion for a great customer experience
- The ability to obtain a P&C license by passing a licensing exam and meeting the Texas Department of Insurance background requirements
- A willingness to work with others within the organization to optimize user experience
- The ability to give and receive constructive feedback
- A strong desire to understand and support The Zebra.com’s user experience
- Working knowledge of Excel/Google sheets a plus
BENEFITS + PERKS:
- Competitive Compensation & Stock Option Offering
- Health, Dental, Vision & Disability Coverages
- HSA offering + employer contribution
- PTO that is accrued with each pay period
- Paid Parental Leave Program
- Commuter Benefits (up to $100/month)
- Wellness perk ($100/month)
- Internet Stipend ($40/month)
- Learning & Development Stipends
- Onsite Full Service Barista
- Wednesday Catered Lunch + Fully Stocked Fridges
- Opportunity to join Employee Resource Groups (ERGs) or drive our diversity & inclusion stance by creating your own
- Join a team that truly lives their values, and values their lives (outside of the office. Cliche, we know… but we really mean it)
ABOUT THE ZEBRA
The Zebra is the nation's leading, independent insurance comparison site. With its dynamic, real-time quote comparison tool, consumers can identify insurance companies with the coverage, service level, and pricing to suit their unique needs. The Zebra compares multiple insurance companies and provides agent support and educational resources to ensure consumers are equipped to make the most informed decisions about their home and auto insurance. Headquartered in Austin, Texas, The Zebra has sought to bring transparency and simplicity to insurance shopping since 2012 — it's "insurance in black and white."
The Zebra has garnered the attention and investment of some of the nation’s top venture capitalists, and the company’s success has been profiled in publications like Inc., The New York Times, Forbes, and TechCrunch. Local and national publications have named The Zebra as a Best Place to Work, including Austin Business Journal in 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2020, The Austin American-Statesman in 2016, 2017, 2018, and 2020 and Inc. Magazine on their nationally-recognized list from 2018-2020.
The Zebra is aiming to grow our fantastic team to add to our dynamic culture and continue building on our success. Working at The Zebra means never being bored, always being challenged, and supporting one another. We’re a happy, hardworking group, and we’re eager to add “new stripes” who share those values.
The Zebra is an equal opportunity employer and “at will” company.
As part of our dedication to maintaining an inclusive and diverse workforce, The Zebra provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, The Zebra complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
The Zebra expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of The Zebra's employees to perform their job duties may result in discipline up to and including discharge.
**No external recruiters or agents, please.**