Design Operations Project Manager
Design Ops Project Manager plays a vital role in helping to support talented, in-house design team. This position assumes responsibility for structuring and managing key internal processes ensuring designer’s projects run efficiently and effectively. By focusing on planning, defining, and managing workflow from various marketing functions to ensure our high quality standards while also delivering a premium experience. Using tools from creative, project management and producer disciplines to execute team and company goals. This role reports to the Design Ops Senior Manager and together work to strengthen cross-functional partnerships, expertly navigates project requests, department OKR’s, standardizing processes and often competing and escalated deadlines.
WHAT YOU'LL DO:
- Help strengthen creative brief process, workflow management, resourcing and project tracking
- Be a champion of helping to establish and implement creative best practices among marketing functions like performance campaigns, digital assets, lifecycle emails, social media and more
- Master of PM 101: workback schedules, setting expectations, cross-functional facilitation and logistics
- Communicates risks, opportunities, solutions and leverage visibility to partners and stakeholders
- Foster positive ways of working and implement strategic solutions to keep requesters and designers on track
- Support and be a buffer for designers so their time is protected (i.e. discoveries, kick-offs, touchbases, reviews, etc.)
REQUIREMENTS / QUALIFICATIONS:
- Possesses a passion for design process and organization
- Bachelor’s Degree in Fine Arts Communications, design or related field
- 5 years experience in design and/or project management
- Highly organized, detail-oriented, and able to drive the solution for multiple and sometimes competing workstreams
- Experience with Creative Suite, Sketch, Invision, etc.
- Excellent sense of composition, color, product, and brand continuity
- Comfortable in a fast-paced environment
- Highly diplomatic and empathetic towards both designers and stakeholders
EXPERIENCE THAT WILL IMPRESS THE HECK OUT OF US:
- Exceptional design talent and craftsmanship
- Understanding of HTML, CSS, and JS
- Cross-platform design experience
BENEFITS + PERKS:
- Competitive Compensation & Stock Option Offering
- Health, Dental, Vision & Disability Coverages
- HSA offering + employer contribution
- Unlimited PTO + flexibility to enjoy it
- Paid Parental Leave Program
- Commuter Benefits (up to $150/month)
- Wellness perk ($100/month)
- Learning & Development Stipends
- Onsite Full Service Barista
- Wednesday Catered Lunch + Fully Stocked Fridges
- Opportunity to join Employee Resource Groups (ERGs) or drive our diversity & inclusion stance by creating your own
- Join a team that truly lives their values, and values their lives (outside of the office. Cliche, we know… but we really mean it)
ABOUT THE ZEBRA:
The Zebra is the most comprehensive online car insurance comparison platform in the U.S. Since 2012, the company has brought transparency and simplicity to car insurance shopping — “car insurance in black and white.” The Zebra compares over 200 car insurance companies, and with its real-time, side-by-side quote comparison tool, drivers can easily and quickly find the coverage, service level, and pricing to suit their unique needs.
Headquartered in Austin, Texas, The Zebra has garnered the attention and investment of some of the nation’s top venture capitalists, and the company’s success has been profiled in publications like Inc., Time, Forbes, and TechCrunch. Austin Business Journal named The Zebra a Best Place to Work in 2015, 2016, and 2017. Austin American-Statesman also awarded The Zebra as a Top Workplace in 2016.
The Zebra is aiming to grow our fantastic team to add to our dynamic culture and continue building on our success. Working at The Zebra means never being bored, always being challenged, and supporting one another. We’re a happy, hardworking group, and we’re eager to add “new stripes” who share those values.
The Zebra is an equal opportunity employer and “at will” company.
As part of our dedication to maintaining an inclusive and diverse workforce, The Zebra provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, The Zebra complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
The Zebra expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of The Zebra's employees to perform their job duties may result in discipline up to and including discharge.
**No external recruiters or agents, please.**