Austin, TX or New York, NY
The Zebra, named a Best Place to Work four years running, is revolutionizing how connected consumers research and shop for insurance. We’re a big-thinking, user-focused, and purpose-driven company that is changing the way consumers engage with insurance. We’re looking for an insightful, versatile Editorial Director with the experience, enthusiasm and entrepreneurial spirit to strategize, build and manage a robust digital content program.
WHAT YOU'LL DO:
- Set the vision, strategy, operations, and delivery model for The Zebra’s editorial and educational content.
- Oversee all brand editorial initiatives, while driving the ideation and creation of high-quality content and providing company-wide editorial support.
- Partner with, and report to, the VP of Content and Communications.
- Create content across a variety of media - including long form, visual content and video - as well as content distribution and syndication channels (social media, email, partnerships, etc).
- Collaborate with the creative and design teams for the best visual treatment for each story, and with the social media team to ensure maximum engagement and reach.
REQUIREMENTS / QUALIFICATIONS:
- 6-8 years of experience in an editorial role, with a focus on digital media for both B2C and B2B audiences
- Experience hiring and managing an editorial team, including freelancers
- Exceptional writing and editing skills
- Proven track record of strategic editorial vision and direction
- Excellent organizational and problem-solving skills
- Creative ability to conceptualize new, big content ideas
- Finger on the pulse for culturally relevant stories and topics
- Ability to multitask and work cross-functionally across multiple teams
- Process oriented, and able to invent and simplify processes
- Comfortable in a fast-moving and fluid environment
- Proficient with CMS platforms, as well as SEO best practices
EXPERIENCE THAT WILL IMPRESS THE HECK OUT OF US:
- Experience developing executive visibility thought leadership programs
- Deep understanding of lifecycle marketing, including successfully leading a content program that aligns with the stages of customer acquisition and retention
- Demonstrated experience or interest in insurance and personal finance
- Ability to analyze and apply content performance data into meaningful recommendations
BENEFITS + PERKS:
- Competitive Compensation & Stock Option Offering
- Health, Dental, Vision & Disability Coverages
- HSA offering + employer contribution
- Unlimited PTO + flexibility to enjoy it
- Paid Parental Leave Program
- Commuter Benefits (up to $150/month)
- Wellness perk ($100/month)
- Learning & Development Stipends
- Onsite Full Service Barista
- Wednesday Catered Lunch + Fully Stocked Fridges
- Opportunity to join Employee Resource Groups (ERGs) or drive our diversity & inclusion stance by creating your own
- Join a team that truly lives their values, and values their lives (outside of the office. Cliche, we know… but we really mean it)
ABOUT THE ZEBRA:
The Zebra is the most comprehensive online car insurance comparison platform in the U.S. Since 2012, the company has brought transparency and simplicity to car insurance shopping — “car insurance in black and white.” The Zebra compares over 200 car insurance companies, and with its real-time, side-by-side quote comparison tool, drivers can easily and quickly find the coverage, service level, and pricing to suit their unique needs.
Headquartered in Austin, Texas, The Zebra has garnered the attention and investment of some of the nation’s top venture capitalists, and the company’s success has been profiled in publications like Inc., Time, Forbes, and TechCrunch. Austin Business Journal named The Zebra a Best Place to Work in 2015, 2016, 2017, and 2018. Austin American-Statesman also awarded The Zebra as a Top Workplace in 2016, 2017 and 2018.
The Zebra is aiming to grow our fantastic team to add to our dynamic culture and continue building on our success. Working at The Zebra means never being bored, always being challenged, and supporting one another. We’re a happy, hardworking group, and we’re eager to add “new stripes” who share those values.
The Zebra is an equal opportunity employer and “at will” company.
As part of our dedication to maintaining an inclusive and diverse workforce, The Zebra provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, The Zebra complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
The Zebra expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of The Zebra's employees to perform their job duties may result in discipline up to and including discharge.
**No external recruiters or agents, please.**