Director of Marketing Analytics
The Zebra, the nation’s leading insurance search engine, is seeking a Director of Marketing Analytics to join our growing world class Marketing team. You’ll combine strong leadership skills with a deep and sophisticated background in marketing measurement and attribution. You’ll need to be highly adaptable and ready to take on the responsibility of leading and building a growing team in a high-growth, high-change environment. The Director of Marketing Analytics will be responsible for the entire analytics lifecycle, from ensuring that we design the right experiments to making sure we implement all findings and insights into day-to-day marketing decision-making.
What You'll Do:
- Lead a team of analysts and be responsible for future growth of the team
- Mentor and train the team performing a variety of analyses such as: advertising performance analysis, website analytics, customer segmentation, ROI modeling, lifetime value analysis, cross channel analysis, media mix analysis, attribution analysis, A/B testing data analytics etc.
- Develop best practices, build process improvements, and mentor analysts to improve Marketing analytics function at the company.
- Ensure data integrity and proper technical implementation of analytical tags.
- Analyze effectiveness of all marketing campaigns across both online/offline channels
- Lead reporting on marketing KPIs and inform tracking, tagging and marketing analytics infrastructure
- Create key reports and extract insights from analytics tools, data platforms, and internal database; ensure reports have consistent data quality checks
- Lead design and implementation of A/B tests and other experimentation necessary to improve channel efficiency, drive growth, and inform marketing investment decisions
- Collaborate with marketing leadership to develop strategy, standards, goals, and critical metrics throughout the entire marketing funnel from awareness to purchase
- Partner with channel managers to develop best-in-class testing frameworks to facilitate accelerated growth through actionable outcomes at most efficient spending level.
- Identify trends and provide suggestions for improving ROI and optimizing the marketing mix
- Monitor and analyze repeat customer metrics working closely with CRM team to identify re-engagement opportunities.
- Utilize customer data to better understand customer behavior in order to drive both customer engagement and customer acquisition
- Own marketing-driven financial forecasts and monitoring
Our Match Made in Heaven:
- A strategic, cross-functional thinker able to gather buy-in from senior leadership for analytical and measurement framework approaches. An excellent oral and written communicator with the ability to communicate effectively with both technical (Data Science/Engineering) and non-technical stakeholders (Marketing/Finance).
- An outstanding mentor and manager for high-performing analysts. Intellectually curious and possess strong analytical skills
- Comfortable leading complex analytical initiatives
- Detailed-oriented and results-driven
- Strategic & critical thinking – you get the smaller and the bigger picture
- An effective communicator; can give and receive feedback with diplomacy
- A team player with a fantastic can-do attitude
Requirements That Would Impress the Heck Out of Us:
- 8+ years experience in a quantitative discipline, preferably online, e-commerce, or performance marketing analytics.
- Mastery of financial, statistical and economic concepts integrated into multi-touch attribution and LTV modeling and forecasting.
- Excellent SQL skills and knowledge in Looker, Tableau or similar business intelligence software.
- Experience implementing MarTech such as DMP, DSP, DCM, DCS, DCO, Multi-Touch Attribution, etc.
- Advanced data visualization and dash boarding experience
- Experience working with large data sets to gather insights using data mining, pattern recognition, and statistical analysis
- Ability to communicate complex analyses throughout the marketing organization, and build excitement and consensus to analytics objectives and findings
- Deep familiarity with online marketing practices and tactics
- Prior experience working with multi-channel marketing programs, including but not limited to SEM, SEO, programmatic display, email/CRM, social, streaming audio/podcasts, digital video, television and content/native channels
- Track record of working in a collaborative and fast paced environment under aggressive timelines and managing multiple priorities
- Experience with algorithmic bidding tools
- Understanding of machine learning and data science is a plus
- Competitive compensation
- Health, dental, & vision benefits
- Working with a small team of passionate, collaborative, and engaged people
- Stock options
- Monthly home maid service
- Wellness perk
- Work / Life Balance culture
About The Zebra:
The Zebra is the most comprehensive online car insurance comparison platform in the U.S. Since 2012, the company has brought transparency and simplicity to car insurance shopping — “car insurance in black and white.” The Zebra compares over 200 car insurance companies, and with its real-time, side-by-side quote comparison tool, drivers can easily and quickly find the coverage, service level, and pricing to suit their unique needs.
Headquartered in Austin, Texas, The Zebra has garnered the attention and investment of some of the nation’s top venture capitalists, and the company’s success has been profiled in publications like Inc., Time, Forbes, and TechCrunch. Austin Business Journal also named The Zebra a Best Place to Work in 2015.
The Zebra is aiming to grow our fantastic team to add to our dynamic culture and continue building on our success. Working at The Zebra means never being bored, always being challenged, and supporting one another. We’re a happy, hardworking group, and we’re eager to add “new stripes” who share those values.
The Zebra is an equal opportunity employer and “at will” company.