Social Media Manager
The Zebra, named a Best Place to Work four years running, is revolutionizing how connected consumers research and shop for insurance. We’re a big-thinking, user-focused, and nimble company that is changing the way consumers engage with insurance. We’re looking for a creative, detail-oriented and passionate Social Media Manager with the experience, enthusiasm and entrepreneurial spirit to strategize, build and manage The Zebra’s social media channels.
What You'll Do:
- We are looking for a Social Media Manager who can enhance The Zebra brand and build strong online communities through our various social media platforms (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and LinkedIn). Reporting to the VP of Content and Communications, the Social Media Manager is responsible for the strategic development and execution of social media campaigns and day-to-day content across all channels -- with the ultimate goal of increasing engagement, building community and brand advocates, and strengthening brand awareness.
Our Match Made in Heaven:
- Proven track record of social media community building (creating two-way engagement and conversations around content that is either created by The Zebra or relevant to our brand)
- Expertise developing and writing editorial calendars for social content, promotions, and campaign activations
- Enjoys working closely with the creative and design teams to help direct the production of creative visual assets (videos, graphics, memes, GIFs, etc)
- Serves as the internal voice of social media to ensure that social strategy is front-of-mind for content development throughout the company
- A creative thinker and writer, ability to bring a brand’s voice and personality to life across social channels
- Bonus points if you have a good sense of humor and can bring it to life through social copy
- Lead social efforts at on-site activations and company events to capture and publish content
- Helping to spearhead creative marketing campaigns by working collaboratively with the marketing, design, and product teams (as well as any other key stakeholders) to produce original messaging, content, visual assets, activations, contests, etc.
- Up to date on social media channels best practices, algorithms and trends
Experience That Would Impress Us:
- Experience with social listening, developing real-time content and newsjacking
- Comfortable with social media analytics, as well as developing insights based on social media content and/or channel performance
- Knowledge of Photoshop, Illustrator, and Google Analytics, as well as Search Engine Optimization (SEO) best practices
- Keeps her/his finger on the pulse of trending news stories, hashtags, memes and other cultural trends
- Understanding and experience with boosting social content with targeted paid media
- Experience with social channels and communities (beyond Facebook, Instagram, Twitter and LinkedIn) such as Pinterest, Reddit and Quora
Requirements and Qualifications:
- 3+ years experience owning a consumer brand’s organic social media channels
- Bachelor’s degree in marketing, PR, or related field
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Exceptional multi-tasking, problem solving and time management skills
- Competitive compensation
- Health, dental, & vision benefits
- Working with a small team of passionate, collaborative and engaged people
- Stock options
- Wellness perk or monthly home maid service
- Work / Life Balance culture
About The Zebra:
The Zebra is the most comprehensive online car insurance comparison platform in the U.S. Since 2012, the company has brought transparency and simplicity to car insurance shopping — “car insurance in black and white.” The Zebra compares over 200 car insurance companies, and with its real-time, side-by-side quote comparison tool, drivers can easily and quickly find the coverage, service level, and pricing to suit their unique needs.
Headquartered in Austin, Texas, The Zebra has garnered the attention and investment of some of the nation’s top venture capitalists, and the company’s success has been profiled in publications like Inc., Time, Forbes, and TechCrunch. Austin Business Journal named The Zebra a Best Place to Work in 2015, 2016, 2017, and 2018. Austin American-Statesman also awarded The Zebra as a Top Workplace in 2016, 2017 and 2018.
The Zebra is aiming to grow our fantastic team to add to our dynamic culture and continue building on our success. Working at The Zebra means never being bored, always being challenged, and supporting one another. We’re a happy, hardworking group, and we’re eager to add “new stripes” who share those values.
The Zebra is an equal opportunity employer and “at will” company.
As part of our dedication to maintaining an inclusive and diverse workforce, The Zebra provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, The Zebra complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
The Zebra expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of The Zebra's employees to perform their job duties may result in discipline up to and including discharge.
**No external recruiters or agents, please.**