Senior Marketing Effectiveness Researcher
Austin, TX /
The Zebra is expanding our Marketing Research Team and we’re seeking a Marketing Effectiveness Researcher who can deliver strategic insights about marketing and media effectiveness across a variety of media channels and KPIs, using a range of resources and methods. Our ideal candidate embraces the idea of scrappy, creative research, dreams about how to learn from people and communicate those findings, and believes that both qualitative and quantitative research are important parts of building something great. This role reports directly to the Senior Marketing Researcher and sits in our Austin headquarters.
Please note - all new hires must be able to relocate to Austin, Texas by the time of their start date.
This position is not currently eligible for visa sponsorship
WHAT YOU'LL DO:
- Develop and implement the full-circle approach to how we evaluate the effectiveness of our marketing efforts
- Leverage a variety of methods and tools in your research, including but not limited to surveys, focus groups, and participant interviews
- Create cohesion between marketing insights and consumer/marketplace insights to inform creative briefs
- Share your findings regularly with stakeholders at multiple levels of the business including executives
- Collaborate cross-functionally to create a smarter, more informed and strategic approach for The Zebra’s marketing and creative teams
REQUIREMENTS / QUALIFICATIONS:
- B.A. minimum in Marketing/Advertising, PR, Psychology, Sociology, Information Science, or related fields, or equivalent applied experience
- 3-5 years experience in a marketing/media/ad effectiveness measurement role
- Strong storytelling and research presentation skills (ability to translate data from multiple sources to communicate a cohesive narrative)
- Experience designing and implementing a variety of marketing research methodologies, including but not limited to: brand lift studies, media measurement, animatic testing, focus groups, consumer surveys
- Experience with marketing, consumer, and/or media research tools such as: Kantar, Nielsen, Salesforce, Qualtrics, comScore, Ipsos, etc
EXPERIENCE THAT WILL IMPRESS THE HECK OUT OF US:
- Experience with research vendor management
- Experience with marketing attribution measurement or marketing mix modeling
- Data analysis experience, including SQL or other tools, such as Looker, R or Matlab
- Experience developing research culture in a small company
- Experience conducting marketing or consumer research in insurance or financial services
- Excited about having ownership over a developing area of research
BENEFITS + PERKS:
- Competitive Compensation & Stock Option Offering
- Health, Dental, Vision & Disability Coverages
- HSA offering + employer contribution
- 401k with match
- Unlimited PTO + flexibility to enjoy it
- Paid Parental Leave Program
- Wellness perk ($100/month)
- Pet Adoption Reimbursement ($300/year)
- Learning & Development Stipends
- Bi-Monthly Wednesday Catered Lunch
- Zeal Care - Monthly wellness subscriptions ($35/month)
- Curated monthly snack box - sent to your house
- Opportunity to join Employee Resource Groups (ERGs) or drive our diversity & inclusion stance by creating your own
- Join a team that truly lives their values, and values their lives (outside of the office. Cliche, we know… but we really mean it)
ABOUT THE ZEBRA
The Zebra is the nation's leading, independent insurance comparison site. With its dynamic, real-time quote comparison tool, consumers can identify insurance companies with the coverage, service level, and pricing to suit their unique needs. The Zebra compares multiple insurance companies and provides agent support and educational resources to ensure consumers are equipped to make the most informed decisions about their home and auto insurance. Headquartered in Austin, Texas, The Zebra has sought to bring transparency and simplicity to insurance shopping since 2012 — it's "insurance in black and white."
The Zebra has garnered the attention and investment of some of the nation’s top venture capitalists, and the company’s success has been profiled in publications like Inc., The New York Times, Forbes, and TechCrunch. Local and national publications have named The Zebra as a Best Place to Work, including Austin Business Journal in 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2020, The Austin American-Statesman in 2016, 2017, 2018, and 2020 and Inc. Magazine on their nationally-recognized list from 2018-2020.
The Zebra is aiming to grow our fantastic team to add to our dynamic culture and continue building on our success. Working at The Zebra means never being bored, always being challenged, and supporting one another. We’re a happy, hardworking group, and we’re eager to add “new stripes” who share those values.
The Zebra is an equal opportunity employer and “at will” company.
As part of our dedication to maintaining an inclusive and diverse workforce, The Zebra provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, The Zebra complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
The Zebra expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of The Zebra's employees to perform their job duties may result in discipline up to and including discharge.
**No external recruiters or agents, please.**