Content Marketing Researcher
The Zebra is looking for a diligent researcher and writer to join our SEO team and cement our position as the nation’s leading insurance search engine. In this role, you’ll perform research to power the SEO team’s content creation efforts and author informational, data-driven content pages.
You’ll be an integral part of a team that leverages data and insurance price trends to drive qualified organic traffic and position The Zebra as a reliable and trustworthy source of insurance information. You’ll serve as a valuable resource to insurance-shoppers, managing a popular community forum and answering questions with informed and accurate responses. You’ll have the opportunity to author in-depth research-based posts to reach a wide organic audience — an interest in data and comfort with Excel and BI tools is a plus.
The ideal candidate has experience in the insurance industry — license preferred, but not required — and a passion for leveraging data to create useful content.
What You'll Do:
- You’ll perform in-depth qualitative and quantitative research on a variety of topics, facilitating the creation of high-quality, data-driven content focused on the insurance industry.
- You’ll contribute to content creation efforts, assisting with writing price trend analyses, insurance product overviews, and informative guides. These unique landing pages will contribute to The Zebra’s success by earning inbound links and driving organic traffic and revenue.
- You'll help to QA and edit content written by other SEO team members.
- You’ll have the opportunity to work cross-functionally with and learn from our product, engineering, research, and design teams.
- As part of The Zebra’s SEO team, you’ll work closely with the team to ensure content is search-friendly, accurate, and targeting qualified search users.
- You will help manage a community forum on insurance, answering user-submitted questions.
- You’ll help the team track and report on progress, milestones, and KPIs.
Our Match Made in Heaven:
- Has experience writing and editing digital content.
- Has experience using a Content Management System (CMS) such as Wordpress, Drupal, or Wagtail.
- Exhibits keen attention to detail and command of written languages.
- Has proven experience creating accurate, high-quality content at scale in a time-effective manner.
- Has experience performing in-depth research projects using a variety of methodologiesIs capable of effectively organizing and modifying data via Excel, Google Sheets, and/or Numbers.
- Has familiarity with SEO content best practices and a willingness to learn more. SEO mastery/expertise is not necessary for this role.
- Has experience with Business Intelligence (BI) tools such as Looker or Tableau.
- Is well-organized and can balance multiple projects.
- Has prior experience in the insurance industry and/or a willingness to learn or earn an insurance license. An insurance license is not required but is a plus.
- Competitive compensation
- Health, dental, & vision benefits
- Working with a small team of passionate, collaborative and engaged people
- Stock options
- Wellness perk or monthly home maid service
- Work / Life Balance culture
About The Zebra:
The Zebra is the most comprehensive online car insurance comparison platform in the U.S. Since 2012, the company has brought transparency and simplicity to car insurance shopping — “car insurance in black and white.” The Zebra compares over 200 car insurance companies, and with its real-time, side-by-side quote comparison tool, drivers can easily and quickly find the coverage, service level, and pricing to suit their unique needs.
Headquartered in Austin, Texas, The Zebra has garnered the attention and investment of some of the nation’s top venture capitalists, and the company’s success has been profiled in publications like Inc., Time, Forbes, and TechCrunch. Austin Business Journal named The Zebra a Best Place to Work in 2015, 2016, and 2017. Austin American-Statesman also awarded The Zebra as a Top Workplace in 2016.
The Zebra is aiming to grow our fantastic team to add to our dynamic culture and continue building on our success. Working at The Zebra means never being bored, always being challenged, and supporting one another. We’re a happy, hardworking group, and we’re eager to add “new stripes” who share those values.
The Zebra is an equal opportunity employer and “at will” company.
As part of our dedication to maintaining an inclusive and diverse workforce, The Zebra provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, The Zebra complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
The Zebra expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of The Zebra's employees to perform their job duties may result in discipline up to and including discharge.
**No external recruiters or agents, please.**