Digital Marketing Intern
The Zebra — recently named one of Austin’s Best Places to Work — is looking for a self-motivated college student to serve as our Digital Marketing Intern. You will work directly with the Digital Media team and be part of the broader Marketing team as well. In this role, you’ll gain invaluable experience in the following areas: digital advertising, social media, creative coordination, ad trafficking, campaign reporting, leadership shadowing, and learning how to work with a startup mentality. This Spring Internship provides an incredible opportunity to learn more about a career in Digital Marketing, and have a meaningful impact in the work of a rapidly growing InsureTech company.
What You'll Do:
- Assist the Digital Media team in managing performance of Programmatic, Paid Social, and Native advertising campaigns
- Help the Marketing team with campaign-specific reporting requests
- Implement tracking pixels, traffic ad units and troubleshoot any related technical issues
- Coordinate creative kick-off meetings with internal teams and produce creative briefs
- Attend Marketing meetings and brainstorms
Our Match Made in Heaven:
- Pursuing a degree in Advertising, Marketing, Business or a related field from an accredited College or University
- Proficient in Excel, basic understanding of business analytics, and general knowledge of digital marketing
- Coachable with a willingness to learn and a commitment to excellence
- Comfortable taking direction, as well as initiative, in a team-oriented environment
- Proactively seek out opportunities to improve yourself and the processes around you
- Junior or Senior preferred; previous agency internship preferred
- Spring Semester (January - May)
- Time Commitment will be three days (20 hours) per week
- Must be receiving credit hours for consideration, as this internship will be unpaid
- Opportunity to walk away with a full-time or repeat internship offer
- Downtown parking is provided, as well as unlimited snacks and beverages in one of the most beautiful, creative offices around. The Zebra even has an in-house barista to fuel your work with free coffee on demand!
About The Zebra:
The Zebra is the most comprehensive online car insurance comparison platform in the U.S. Since 2012, the company has brought transparency and simplicity to car insurance shopping — “car insurance in black and white.” The Zebra compares over 200 car insurance companies, and with its real-time, side-by-side quote comparison tool, drivers can easily and quickly find the coverage, service level, and pricing to suit their unique needs.
Headquartered in Austin, Texas, The Zebra has garnered the attention and investment of some of the nation’s top venture capitalists, and the company’s success has been profiled in publications like Inc., Time, Forbes, and TechCrunch. Austin Business Journal named The Zebra a Best Place to Work in 2015, 2016, and 2017. Austin American-Statesman also awarded The Zebra as a Top Workplace in 2016.
The Zebra is aiming to grow our fantastic team to add to our dynamic culture and continue building on our success. Working at The Zebra means never being bored, always being challenged, and supporting one another. We’re a happy, hardworking group, and we’re eager to add “new stripes” who share those values.
The Zebra is an equal opportunity employer and “at will” company.
As part of our dedication to maintaining an inclusive and diverse workforce, The Zebra provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, The Zebra complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
The Zebra expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of The Zebra's employees to perform their job duties may result in discipline up to and including discharge.
**No external recruiters or agents, please.**