The Zebra -- recently named one of Austin’s Best Places to Work -- is looking for a self-motivated college student to serve as our Content Marketing intern. You will work directly with the SEO team and be a part of the broader Marketing team.
You'll gain invaluable experience in the following areas: content marketing, SEO, writing pitches, building outreach lists, leadership shadowing, and learning how to work with a startup mentality.
The SEO Fall Internship provides an incredible opportunity to learn more about a career in content marketing and SEO and have a meaningful impact in the work of a rapidly growing insuretech company. The successful candidates will join our Austin based team assisting the Content Marketing Specialist with researching backlink targets, drafting blog posts, brainstorming creative content
angles, and more.
Downtown parking is provided, as well as unlimited snacks and beverages in one of the most beautiful, creative offices around. The Zebra has cold-brew on tap and an in-house barista to fuel your work with free coffee on demand.
WHAT YOU'LL DO:
- Find established backlinks and other backlink opportunities
- Build outreach lists and find relevant opportunities for backlink placements
- Conduct outreach (pitching created content)
- Work on your writing by drafting/editing blog posts and pitches (excellent for your portfolio)
- Source opportunities for content relationships via social media and other blogger contacts
- Attend meetings and company events
OUR MATCH MADE IN HEAVEN:
- Pursuing a degree in Creative Writing, Marketing, Communications, or a related field from an accredited College or University
- Coachable with a willingness to learn and a commitment to excellence
- Superior written communication skills and reliability
- Ability to work in a team environment and have good vibes
- An interest in a career in content creation, SEO, or content management
- Aren't afraid to get your hands dirty to find creative solutions to problems
- Are comfortable taking direction as well as taking initiative
- Revel in being a self-starter and proactively seek out opportunities to learn and improve both yourself and the processes around you
- Junior or Senior preferred; previous agency internship preferred
- This is a paid internship: $13.45 an hour (6% above the national average)
- Fall semester (September - December)
- Time Commitment will be 15 hours a week
- Must be receiving credit hours for consideration
- Opportunity to walk away with a repeat internship offer
ABOUT THE ZEBRA:
The Zebra is the most comprehensive online car insurance comparison platform in the U.S. Since 2012, the company has brought transparency and simplicity to car insurance shopping — “car insurance in black and white.” The Zebra compares over 200 car insurance companies, and with its real-time, side-by-side quote comparison tool, drivers can easily and quickly find the
coverage, service level, and pricing to suit their unique needs.
Headquartered in Austin, Texas, The Zebra has garnered the attention and investment of some of the nation’s top venture capitalists, and the company’s success has been profiled in publications like Inc., Time, Forbes, and TechCrunch. Austin Business Journal named The Zebra a Best Place to Work in 2015, 2016, and 2017. Austin American-Statesman also awarded The
Zebra as a Top Workplace in 2016.
The Zebra is aiming to grow our fantastic team to add to our dynamic culture and continue building on our success. Working at The Zebra means never being bored, always being challenged, and supporting one another. We’re a happy, hardworking group, and we’re eager to add “new stripes” who share those values.
The Zebra is an equal opportunity employer and “at will” company.