Senior Compliance Analyst
Austin, TX /
Finance & Admin /
The Zebra is expanding our compliance team and we’re seeking a Senior Compliance Analyst to help us maintain a world-class insurance buying experience. This role offers a unique opportunity to help shape the compliance culture. We are looking for a versatile, experienced professional who loves to make an impact through cross-organizational efforts to keep The Zebra compliant with various state and federal regulations.
WHAT YOU'LL DO:
- Support the senior compliance manager in coordinating and monitoring compliance programs
- Monitor compliance activities and perform regular audits of various departments to the applicable standards.
- Assist with reporting to regulatory organizations
- Assist with analysis and process improvement for identified compliance issues
- Assist Senior Compliance Manager with projects as assigned
- Provide guidance/training to staff related to The Zebra’s standards, procedures or reliability compliance practices
- Provide support to The Zebra’s personnel responsible for adherence with compliance requirements
- Assist in development, analysis and maintenance of policies, procedures, and other preventive measures developed to ensure adherence with applicable compliance requirements and industry best practices
- Responsible for maintaining records in accordance with The Zebra’s internal compliance program, including but not limited to contract management
- Assist and/or lead in the development of internal compliance controls, procedures, and evidence related to the compliance program
- Collaborate with business areas to collect and prepare documentation for internal and external audits and investigations related to reliability issues and compliance standards
REQUIREMENTS / QUALIFICATIONS:
- Eight (8) years of experience in compliance, legal or regulatory environment with at least four (4) years of experience inside corporate legal or compliance functions
- Strong knowledge of regulatory process and requirements
- Ability to multitask and prioritize competing demands
- Exceptional organizational skills
BENEFITS + PERKS:
- Competitive Compensation & Stock Option OfferingHealth, Dental, Vision & Disability Coverages
- HSA offering + employer contribution
- Unlimited PTO + flexibility to enjoy it
- Paid Parental Leave Program
- Commuter Benefits (up to $100/month)
- Wellness perk ($100/month)
- Learning & Development Stipends
- Onsite Full Service Barista
- Wednesday Catered Lunch + Fully Stocked Fridges
- Opportunity to join Employee Resource Groups (ERGs) or drive our diversity & inclusion stance by creating your own
- Join a team that truly lives their values, and values their lives (outside of the office. Cliche, we know… but we really mean it)
ABOUT THE ZEBRA
The Zebra is the nation’s leading insurance search comparison site. With its dynamic, real-time quote comparison tool, drivers can identify insurance companies with the coverage, service level, and pricing to suit their unique needs. The Zebra compares more than 100 car insurance companies and provides licensed agent support and educational resources to ensure drivers are equipped to make the most informed decisions about their policies. It’s “insurance in black and white.”
Headquartered in Austin, Texas, The Zebra has garnered the attention and investment of some of the nation’s top venture capitalists, and the company’s success has been profiled in publications like Inc., Time, Forbes, and TechCrunch. Austin Business Journal named The Zebra a Best Place to Work in 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018 and 2020. Austin American-Statesman awarded The Zebra as a Top Workplace in 2016, 2017 and 2018. Inc. Magazine also awarded The Zebra as Best Workplaces - 2018, 2019, 2020.
The Zebra is aiming to grow our fantastic team to add to our dynamic culture and continue building on our success. Working at The Zebra means never being bored, always being challenged, and supporting one another. We’re a happy, hardworking group, and we’re eager to add “new stripes” who share those values.
The Zebra is an equal opportunity employer and “at will” company.
As part of our dedication to maintaining an inclusive and diverse workforce, The Zebra provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, The Zebra complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
The Zebra expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of The Zebra's employees to perform their job duties may result in discipline up to and including discharge.
**No external recruiters or agents, please.**