Digital Media Manager
Austin, TX 78701
If you geek out on high quantities of data and creative customer acquisition solutions The Zebra might have a role for you! We are seeking a Digital Media Manager to discover and optimize media channels and drive revenue and new customer acquisition. The Digital Media Manager is responsible for establishing and developing cost-effective media and vendor relationships, with the aim of driving scalable, targeted, and profitable traffic. An individual in this position will identify appropriate partners, negotiate pricing, and acquire inventory (social, text, display, etc.) on a CPC, CPA, and CPM basis.
What You'll Do:
- Identify appropriate media partners and strategic opportunities
- Negotiate opportunities with new and current media partners
- Develop and manage performance of campaigns on CPM, CPC and CPA models
- Optimize campaigns to internal ROI and volume metrics
- Work with creative and analytics team to optimize both ads and landing pages
- Plan and purchase digital media (display, social, native, mobile, video) while effectively meeting CPA / ROI goals for direct response campaigns
- Manage campaigns from concept to completion
- Develop and implement new strategies for campaign expansion
- Market Research & Competitive Intelligence
Our Match Made In Heaven:
- Has a strong understanding of emerging trends and platforms in the digital media buying ecosystem.
- Has experience partnering with data analysts on extracting actionable insights from media reporting leading to campaign optimizations and improvements.
- Understands the ever changing media landscape as it pertains to automation, data, and ad tech capabilities.
- Strong experience with Facebook/Social lead gen marketing required.
- Experience with Lead Gen and Finance/Insurance related businesses/clients preferred.
Requirements That Will Impress The Pants Off Us:
- 3+ years of experience working as a media buyer, media planner, media analyst, trading desk trader/strategist. Anything with applicable experience from the publisher, client or agency side.
- Clear, solid understanding of the media planning and buying process and can be self-sufficient in campaign set-up and ongoing maintenance.
- Strong project management skills to meet deadlines and juggle an ever changing set of priorities.
- The ability to work independently as well as partner/collaborate on overall campaign strategy and goals.
- Experience managing large marketing and advertising budgets
- Facebook and Native advertising experience, specifically in direct response/lead gen
- Salary position
- Health, dental, & vision benefits
- Working with a small, close-knit team in a young, promising company
- Career advancement opportunities
- Stock options
- Monthly home maid service
- Feel good perk (for legal things that make you feel good!)
- Work hard / Play hard culture
- Open bar and keg
The Zebra is the most comprehensive online car insurance comparison platform in the U.S. Since 2012, the company has brought transparency and simplicity to car insurance shopping — “car insurance in black and white.” The Zebra compares over 200 car insurance companies, and with its real-time, side-by-side quote comparison tool, drivers can easily and quickly find the coverage, service level, and pricing to suit their unique needs.
Headquartered in Austin, Texas, The Zebra has garnered the attention and investment of some of the nation’s top venture capitalists, and the company’s success has been profiled in publications like Inc., Time, Forbes, and TechCrunch. Austin Business Journal also named The Zebra a Best Place to Work in 2015.
The Zebra is aiming to grow our fantastic team to add to our dynamic culture and continue building on our success. Working at The Zebra means never being bored, always being challenged, and supporting one another. We’re a happy, hardworking group, and we’re eager to add “new stripes” who share those values.
The Zebra is an equal opportunity employer and “at will” company.