Technical Data Analyst
The Zebra -- recently named one of Austin’s Best Places to Work by the Austin Business Journal -- is expanding our engineering team. We're looking for someone with sharp technical chops, excellent communication skills and an eagerness to grow to build upon and grow our existing engineering efforts.
The Zebra is seeking a Technical Data Analyst for our dynamic start-up! This person will be responsible for helping us understand, curate, and speak about our data. You will immediately contribute to the goal of leveraging our rich datasets to make smarter business decisions. You should love analyzing and interpreting large datasets, be ready to take ownership, and be thrilled about having broad responsibilities within a fast-growing company in a massive industry.
What You'll Do:
- Ensure data is modeled properly so that others can develop dashboards and data solutions to support key initiatives within the organization
- Have a significant role in the design and development of our master data models
- Ensure consistency of metrics across the organization
- Provide input on how to integrate additional data sets from independent sources that we can use to leverage our existing data
- Mentor other analysts in becoming more technically proficient
- Work closely with other engineers, analysts and stakeholders across the company to identify data needs across the organization
Our Match Made in Heaven:
- 2+ years of professional (or comparable) analyst experience
- Experience with SQL and relational databases
- Experience with BI platforms such as Looker and Tableau
- Technical expertise in designing and creating data models
- Strong attention to detail
- A passion for problem solving with strong analytical capabilities
- A desire to follow exceptional software engineering processes
- Ability to communicate complex information to non-technical audiences
Experience That Would Impress The Heck Out of Us:
- Experience with Snowflake, Redshift, or BigQuery
- Programming experience in Python
- Experience creating data visualizations using Java
- ScriptA Github profile or public code portfolio
- Advanced STEM degree
- Familiarity with marketing metrics from platforms like Google Adwords, Facebook, or other demand-side platforms
- Competitive compensation
- Health, dental, & vision benefits
- Working with a small team of passionate, collaborative and engaged people
- Stock options
- Wellness perk or monthly home maid service
- Work / Life Balance culture
About The Zebra:
The Zebra is the most comprehensive online car insurance comparison platform in the U.S. Since 2012, the company has brought transparency and simplicity to car insurance shopping — “car insurance in black and white.” The Zebra compares over 200 car insurance companies, and with its real-time, side-by-side quote comparison tool, drivers can easily and quickly find the coverage, service level, and pricing to suit their unique needs.
Headquartered in Austin, Texas, The Zebra has garnered the attention and investment of some of the nation’s top venture capitalists, and the company’s success has been profiled in publications like Inc., Time, Forbes, and TechCrunch. Austin Business Journal named The Zebra a Best Place to Work in 2015, 2016, and 2017. Austin American-Statesman also awarded The Zebra as a Top Workplace in 2016.
The Zebra is aiming to grow our fantastic team to add to our dynamic culture and continue building on our success. Working at The Zebra means never being bored, always being challenged, and supporting one another. We’re a happy, hardworking group, and we’re eager to add “new stripes” who share those values.
The Zebra is an equal opportunity employer and “at will” company.
As part of our dedication to maintaining an inclusive and diverse workforce, The Zebra provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, The Zebra complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
The Zebra expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of The Zebra's employees to perform their job duties may result in discipline up to and including discharge.
**No external recruiters or agents, please.**