Manager, Media Planning and Analysis
The Zebra, named a Best Place to Work in Austin four years running, is revolutionizing how connected consumers research and shop for insurance. Our Performance Marketing team is growing, and we are seeking a Manager of Media Planning and Analysis to join us! You will own reporting, insights, and forecasting for all paid media channels. Data-driven at heart paired with a rigorous testing mentality, you will make each paid media channel more efficient by working with marketing managers to produce score cards, dashboards, attribution reports, and marketing forecasts/projections while giving recommendations to increase performance. You are intimately familiar with terms such as view-through conversions, attribution windows, device & cross-channel measurement, conversion pathing, and MTA.
The Manager of Media Planning and Analysis will be responsible for owning paid media analytics for The Zebra. This includes but is not limited to:
- Media forecasting and planning. Partner with the VP of Performance Marketing to plan future media buys on an ongoing basis using data trends, results, and analysis to meet company objectives and goals
- Strong marketing testing background (A/B & PSA testing, incrementality testing, conversion/brand lift, creative, and attribution measurement). Experience with testing/personalization platforms such as Adobe Target or Optimizely
- Tracking, analyzing, and communicating both offline and online paid media results and insights to share within the organization
- Working closely with the paid media team to optimize current media programs to lower acquisition costs, improve ROI, and increase volume efficiently
- Creating and owning paid media dashboards that allow channel managers to pull actionable insights on a daily basis
- Segmenting and analyzing data based on several customer attributes such as credit score, age, geo, insurance status, etc.
- Creating or implementing outside tools to increase marketing performance (attribution, automation, testing tools, etc.)
- Working collaboratively with the data, analytics, and commercialization teams to analyze trends and provide actionable insights to stakeholders
Our Match Made in Heaven:
- 5+ years of marketing analytics experience
- Microsoft Excel wizardry and experience making sense of large data sets
- Marketing planning and forecasting experience with monthly marketing budgets of $1MM+
- Expansive digital marketing knowledge with a focus on performance marketing analytics for SEM, paid social, programmatic, and affiliate channels
- Experience with BI platforms such as Looker and Tableau
- Experience with marketing analytics platforms such as Google Analytics, Adobe Analytics, etc.
- Reporting & Dashboard creation (Brand vs Performance, Mobile vs Desktop, Pacing & Forecasting, Ad Hoc, etc.)
- Data Reporting Support (data validation, anomaly detection, etc.)
- Experience with attribution tools (homegrown, Google, Impact, Facebook, Visual IQ)
Experience That Would Impress The Heck Out of Us:
- B2C experience
- Offline marketing measurement experience (radio, podcasts, TV)
- Insurance or Finance Industry experience
- Startup Experience
- Experience with click exchanges such as Media Alpha, Surehits/Quinstreet, Delty/QuoteWizard, Everquote
- DMP experience (Adobe, Salesforce)
- Competitive compensation
- Health, dental, & vision benefits
- Working with a small team of passionate, collaborative and engaged people
- Stock options
- Wellness perk or monthly home maid service
- Work / Life Balance culture
About The Zebra:
The Zebra is the most comprehensive online car insurance comparison platform in the U.S. Since 2012, the company has brought transparency and simplicity to car insurance shopping — “car insurance in black and white.” The Zebra compares over 200 car insurance companies, and with its real-time, side-by-side quote comparison tool, drivers can easily and quickly find the coverage, service level, and pricing to suit their unique needs.
Headquartered in Austin, Texas, The Zebra has garnered the attention and investment of some of the nation’s top venture capitalists, and the company’s success has been profiled in publications like Inc., Time, Forbes, and TechCrunch. Austin Business Journal named The Zebra a Best Place to Work in 2015, 2016, 2017, and 2018. Austin American-Statesman also awarded The Zebra as a Top Workplace in 2016, 2017 and 2018.
The Zebra is aiming to grow our fantastic team to add to our dynamic culture and continue building on our success. Working at The Zebra means never being bored, always being challenged, and supporting one another. We’re a happy, hardworking group, and we’re eager to add “new stripes” who share those values.
The Zebra is an equal opportunity employer and “at will” company.
As part of our dedication to maintaining an inclusive and diverse workforce, The Zebra provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, The Zebra complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
The Zebra expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of The Zebra's employees to perform their job duties may result in discipline up to and including discharge.
**No external recruiters or agents, please.**