Senior Manager, Analytics (Marketing and Commercialization)
Austin, TX /
Analytics / Data /
The Zebra, named a Best Place to Work in Austin four years running, is revolutionizing how connected consumers research and shop for insurance. We’re a purpose-driven company looking for a Sr. Analytics Manager to drive smarter decisions. Reporting directly to the Head of Analytics, you will have clear visibility into company performance and metrics and oversee analysts specializing in Marketing and Commercialization analytics. In this pivotal position, you and a team of analysts will focus on building and coordinating the development of robust analyses, dashboards, reports, and processes to predict and highlight changes resulting from business optimizations.
WHAT YOU'LL DO
- Grow and develop our team of talented Marketing and Commercialization Analysts, working to align career aspirations with business objectives
- Be able to see the “bigger picture” and lead analytics projects producing cross-functional insights focusing on the overall health of the business
- Mentor the team on translating complex data findings into clear dashboard and actionable insights, with a knack for storytelling through visualization
- Collaborate and coordinate with Engineering, Product, Data Science and other partners within the Data Organization to create scalable solutions aligned to data strategy
- Take a proactive approach to working with business partners and analysts while also being able to strategically identify opportunities for the analytics team to focus on
- Capture detailed requirements for analytics projects through discussions with stakeholders
- Prioritize Marketing/Commercialization portfolio of projects in alignment with the broader Analytics roadmap
- Communicate complex analyses throughout our Marketing and Commercialization organization, and build excitement and consensus to analytics objectives and findings
- Organize and manage team backlog through JIRA, ensuring proper tracking is in place for prioritization
- Guide the team in partnering with Marketing on A/B testing, campaign analysis, user journey analysis, and ROI/marketing mix optimization analysis
- Coordinate the development of reports to track key metrics related to revenue, marketing, user behavior, and partnership to identify impact on OKRs and KPIs.
REQUIREMENTS / QUALIFICATIONS:
- 2+ years of experience leading and managing within analytics
- 5+ years of analytics experience
- Experience with statistics (regression, t-tests, chi-square, etc.)
- Intermediate experience with SQL and relational databases
- Experience with BI platforms, e.g. Looker, Tableau, PowerBI, Adobe or Google Analytics
- Familiarity with online marketing practices and tactics including experience with tagging, UTM parameters, and event tracking
- Strong attention to detail
- A passion for problem solving with strong analytical capabilities
- Ability to communicate complex information to non-technical audiences
- Ability to deal with ambiguity, effectively cope with change, shift gears comfortably, decide and act without having the total picture, and handle risk and uncertainty
EXPERIENCE THAT WILL IMPRESS THE HECK OUT OF US:
- Experience in B2C
- Experience in analyzing both cost and revenue data
- Experience with planning and forecasting methodology
- Experience and joy in managing JIRA backlogs
- Experience with cloud-based databases (ie Snowflake)
- Programming experience in R
- Insurance, E-Commerce, or Finance Industry experience
- Experience with Marketing Ops A/B testing, data augmentation, audience segmentation, user journeys or Multi-Touch Attribution analysis, campaigns, and targeting
- Experience with multi-channel marketing programs, including but not limited to SEM, SEO, programmatic display, email/CRM, social, streaming audio/podcasts, digital video, television and content/native channels
BENEFITS + PERKS:
- Competitive Compensation & Stock Option Offering
- Health, Dental, Vision & Disability Coverages
- HSA offering + employer contribution
- Unlimited PTO + flexibility to enjoy it
- Paid Parental Leave Program
- Commuter Benefits (up to $100/month)
- Wellness perk ($100/month)
- Learning & Development Stipends
- Onsite Full Service Barista
- Wednesday Catered Lunch + Fully Stocked Fridges
- Opportunity to join Employee Resource Groups (ERGs) or drive our diversity & inclusion stance by creating your own
ABOUT THE ZEBRA
The Zebra is the nation's leading, independent insurance comparison site. With its dynamic, real-time quote comparison tool, consumers can identify insurance companies with the coverage, service level, and pricing to suit their unique needs. The Zebra compares multiple insurance companies and provides agent support and educational resources to ensure consumers are equipped to make the most informed decisions about their home and auto insurance. Headquartered in Austin, Texas, The Zebra has sought to bring transparency and simplicity to insurance shopping since 2012 — it's "insurance in black and white."
The Zebra has garnered the attention and investment of some of the nation’s top venture capitalists, and the company’s success has been profiled in publications like Inc., The New York Times, Forbes, and TechCrunch. Local and national publications have named The Zebra as a Best Place to Work, including Austin Business Journal in 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2020, The Austin American-Statesman in 2016, 2017, 2018, and 2020 and Inc. Magazine on their nationally-recognized list from 2018-2020.
The Zebra is aiming to grow our fantastic team to add to our dynamic culture and continue building on our success. Working at The Zebra means never being bored, always being challenged, and supporting one another. We’re a happy, hardworking group, and we’re eager to add “new stripes” who share those values.
The Zebra is an equal opportunity employer and “at will” company.
As part of our dedication to maintaining an inclusive and diverse workforce, The Zebra provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, The Zebra complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
The Zebra expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of The Zebra's employees to perform their job duties may result in discipline up to and including discharge.
**No external recruiters or agents, please.**