Director of People
Finance & Admin
The Zebra is seeking a solutions-driven Director of People. Our ideal candidate is detail-oriented, doesn’t take no for an answer and brings a repertoire of problem solving strategies.
What You'll Do:
- Lead overall people and culture strategies for The Zebra
- Develop new programs (compensation, benefit strategy, training/development, performance management, recognition, etc) that support our core values, and ensure that all programs are clearly communicated to employees
- Serve as an objective, empathetic and trustworthy resource for all employee HR related questions and concerns
- Recommend and implement tools and technology to streamline and provide scalable infrastructure for the HR organization
- Ensure compliance with applicable local and federal labor laws and regulations
- Manage programs for both experienced hires and college recruiting
- Cultivate employer-employee relationships that contribute to productivity, motivation and morale
- Be the main point of contact for both employees and the Company’s insurance brokers on all issues related to employee benefits
- Identify and provide leadership with periodic reporting on key HR metrics
- Backup responsibility for the payroll function
- Other HR-related duties as applicable
Experience That Would Impress The Heck Out of Us:
- Experienced leader with a proven track record of achieving results and serving as a trusted business partner in a fast-paced environment
- Minimum of 10 years of relevant HR experience with at least 5 years at a management level involved in all aspects of HR
- PHR, SPHR or similar certification
- Excellent command of various federal, state and local labor laws (including leave guidelines)
- Positive, energetic, decisive, confident, hands-on personality with strong interpersonal skills
- Strong written and verbal communications skills and the ability to gain respect and influence others
- High level of integrity, discretion and maturity
- Demonstrated ability to multitask in a fast-paced, evolving environment and to solve complex, time sensitive problems
- Ability to effectively interface with all levels and departments within the company
- Experience with Namely and Lever
- Competitive compensation
- Health, dental, & vision benefits
- Working with a small team of passionate, collaborative and engaged people
- Stock options
- Wellness perk or monthly home maid service
- Work / Life Balance culture
About The Zebra:
The Zebra is the most comprehensive online car insurance comparison platform in the U.S. Since 2012, the company has brought transparency and simplicity to car insurance shopping — “car insurance in black and white.” The Zebra compares over 200 car insurance companies, and with its real-time, side-by-side quote comparison tool, drivers can easily and quickly find the coverage, service level, and pricing to suit their unique needs.
Headquartered in Austin, Texas, The Zebra has garnered the attention and investment of some of the nation’s top venture capitalists, and the company’s success has been profiled in publications like Inc., Time, Forbes, and TechCrunch. Austin Business Journal named The Zebra a Best Place to Work in 2015, 2016, and 2017. Austin American-Statesman also awarded The Zebra as a Top Workplace in 2016.
The Zebra is aiming to grow our fantastic team to add to our dynamic culture and continue building on our success. Working at The Zebra means never being bored, always being challenged, and supporting one another. We’re a happy, hardworking group, and we’re eager to add “new stripes” who share those values.
The Zebra is an equal opportunity employer and “at will” company.
As part of our dedication to maintaining an inclusive and diverse workforce, The Zebra provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, The Zebra complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
The Zebra expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of The Zebra's employees to perform their job duties may result in discipline up to and including discharge.
**No external recruiters or agents, please.**