Barista & Receptionist
Finance & Admin
At the Zebra, our hardworking team loves technology, simplifying car insurance and of course, coffee! We keep moving and shaking with our daily dose of caffeine so we would love to have a resident Barista. The ideal candidate we envision is energetic, friendly and has a true passion for their craft. You’ll be the first impression of our office, communicating our culture through your interactions. If you’re a barista extraordinaire, we’d love to meet you!
What You'll Do:
- Sharp, while bright eyed and bushytailed!
- Have a smile that can be seen and heard over the phone
- Make a mean macchiato or smoothie, because you’ve got savvy barista skills
- Thrive in a fast paced, everchanging environment
- Gracefully juggle multiple drink orders from our Zebra team
- Work closely with Corp Admin team
Our Match Made In Heaven:
- Greet our visitors hospitably, preferably with their beverage of choice
- Coordinate deliveries, supplies and distributed mail
- Open & close the office
- Prepare delicious beverages for team members; and take creative control over coffee menu
- Stock the supplies & kitchen areas
- Manage our conference rooms so we’re running on schedule
- Take pride in being punctual because Zebras are team players
Experience That Would Impress The Pants Off Us:
- High School diploma
- Barista certification or training
- Experience with a company in a fast growth, startup mode, or busy environment
- Clear and concise communication skills
- Ability to create a wide range of beverages
- Vibrant interpersonal etiquette with a diverse group of people
- Minimum experience of 1-2 years as a barista
- Basic Microsoft Office, Excel, PowerPoint, and Google email/calendar
- Competitive compensation
- Health, dental, & vision benefits
- Working with a small team of passionate, collaborative and engaged people
- Stock options
- Wellness perk or monthly home maid service
- Work / Life Balance culture
About The Zebra:
The Zebra is the most comprehensive online car insurance comparison platform in the U.S. Since 2012, the company has brought transparency and simplicity to car insurance shopping — “car insurance in black and white.” The Zebra compares over 200 car insurance companies, and with its real-time, side-by-side quote comparison tool, drivers can easily and quickly find the coverage, service level, and pricing to suit their unique needs.
Headquartered in Austin, Texas, The Zebra has garnered the attention and investment of some of the nation’s top venture capitalists, and the company’s success has been profiled in publications like Inc., Time, Forbes, and TechCrunch. Austin Business Journal named The Zebra a Best Place to Work in 2015, 2016, 2017, and 2018. Austin American-Statesman also awarded The Zebra as a Top Workplace in 2016, 2017 and 2018.
The Zebra is aiming to grow our fantastic team to add to our dynamic culture and continue building on our success. Working at The Zebra means never being bored, always being challenged, and supporting one another. We’re a happy, hardworking group, and we’re eager to add “new stripes” who share those values.
The Zebra is an equal opportunity employer and “at will” company.
As part of our dedication to maintaining an inclusive and diverse workforce, The Zebra provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, The Zebra complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
The Zebra expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of The Zebra's employees to perform their job duties may result in discipline up to and including discharge.
**No external recruiters or agents, please.**