Senior Visual Designer
Austin, TX /
The Zebra is expanding our design team and seeking a Senior Visual Designer to help optimize, guide, and evolve our brand and marketing design efforts. This person will facilitate complex problem solving while collaborating with other designers, copywriters, channel owners, product managers, and engineers to deliver beautiful, world-class brand experiences. They will work closely with and mentor others within both the Marketing Design and the broader Design team.
As a Senior Visual Designer, you will be a strategic creative partner that will lead design efforts and work closely with other cross-functional partners to create and execute multiple marketing-channel deliverables. You'll collaborate and develop ideas that will be examined through intuitive research data, validate them through performance marketing metrics and extensive usability testing. You will also have the responsibility to prioritize, manage, and work on multiple projects at once without sacrificing quality or standards. These will all be critical factors to your success.
WHAT YOU'LL DO:
- Brand, product, and seasonal marketing campaigns
- Paid display and social media ads (Sponsored and Organic)
- Broadcast commercials and product demonstration videos
- Marketing landing pages and presentation decks
- Email and Consumer lifecycle templates
- Internal promotions and company events
REQUIREMENTS / QUALIFICATIONS:
- 5+ years of product company or marketing agency design experience
- A strong portfolio that communicates collaboration, creativity, and innovative approaches to problem-solving
- Lead design efforts on multiple creative marketing projects and campaigns
- Great communicator. You have the communication skills to help set up frameworks and brainstorm initial design and campaign concepts.
- A selfless mentor. You have a vocation to level-up others to deliver quality work and make strategy come to life.
- A team-first attitude and desire to collaborate with other designers
- Mastery of the Adobe Creative Suite
- Experience with Sketch, Invision, or other prototyping tools
EXPERIENCE THAT WILL IMPRESS THE HECK OUT OF US:
- Deep experience in TV, radio, and various broadcast mediums
- Experience in motion design
- Experience in front-end development languages (HTML & CSS)
- Has expressed a point-of-view through writing or speaking on topics related to visual design
- A background in insurance or financial services industries
- B2C startup experience
- Experience with Direct Mail content
BENEFITS + PERKS:
- Competitive Compensation & Stock Option Offering
- Health, Dental, Vision & Disability Coverages
- HSA offering + employer contribution
- Unlimited PTO + flexibility to enjoy it
- Paid Parental Leave Program
- Commuter Benefits (up to $100/month)
- Wellness perk ($100/month)
- Learning & Development Stipends
- Onsite Full Service Barista
- Wednesday Catered Lunch + Fully Stocked Fridges
- Opportunity to join Employee Resource Groups (ERGs) or drive our diversity & inclusion stance by creating your own
- Join a team that truly lives their values, and values their lives (outside of the office. Cliche, we know… but we really mean it)
ABOUT THE ZEBRA
The Zebra is the nation's leading, independent insurance comparison site. With its dynamic, real-time quote comparison tool, consumers can identify insurance companies with the coverage, service level, and pricing to suit their unique needs. The Zebra compares multiple insurance companies and provides agent support and educational resources to ensure consumers are equipped to make the most informed decisions about their home and auto insurance. Headquartered in Austin, Texas, The Zebra has sought to bring transparency and simplicity to insurance shopping since 2012 — it's "insurance in black and white."
The Zebra has garnered the attention and investment of some of the nation’s top venture capitalists, and the company’s success has been profiled in publications like Inc., The New York Times, Forbes, and TechCrunch. Local and national publications have named The Zebra as a Best Place to Work, including Austin Business Journal in 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2020, The Austin American-Statesman in 2016, 2017, 2018, and 2020 and Inc. Magazine on their nationally-recognized list from 2018-2020.
The Zebra is aiming to grow our fantastic team to add to our dynamic culture and continue building on our success. Working at The Zebra means never being bored, always being challenged, and supporting one another. We’re a happy, hardworking group, and we’re eager to add “new stripes” who share those values.
The Zebra is an equal opportunity employer and “at will” company.
As part of our dedication to maintaining an inclusive and diverse workforce, The Zebra provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, The Zebra complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
The Zebra expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of The Zebra's employees to perform their job duties may result in discipline up to and including discharge.
**No external recruiters or agents, please.**