Revenue Business Analyst
The Zebra, named a Best Place to Work in Austin four years running, is revolutionizing how connected consumers research and shop for insurance. Our Commercialization team is growing and are seeking a Revenue Business Analyst to join us! You will own insights and optimizations for high profile initiatives throughout the organization. A true analyst, you will work to create dashboards, recommendations and reports that communicate impact and drive decisions for internal stakeholders and key clients.
WHAT YOU'LL DO: Revenue Reporting & Analysis
- Build reports, dashboards and visualizations that communicate impact, business insights and recommendations to the Commercialization team
- Work with the Commercialization team and Analytics to provide reporting and insights with clients, internal stakeholders, and cross-functional departments
- Analyzing carrier performance trends to optimize for better performance or improve decli level factors are affecting performance both internally and externally
- Manage client needs on for ad hoc reporting and analysis as needed
- Work with account managers and product to pull in the right data for reporting requests from clients and internal stakeholders
Internal Data Collaboration
- Perform analysis on carrier and revenue performance to help uncover insights and trends to guide account managers in optimizations
- Forecast revenue and build data models to utilize different variables to gauge sensitivity analysis and adjustments when needed Collaborate cross-functionally with Product team to set-up and analyze A/B testing results and provide feedback to improve products internally and for clients
- Collaborate with growing data engineering and data science teams to surface the most actionable data efficiently and effectively
- Assist in creating our client extranet, pulling together data that will provide insights to clients that is valuable and actionable
Business Research & Development
- Research and discover different methodologies to help determine target audiences for each client and optimize internally
- Provide recommendations on how to optimize carrier performance to diversify carrier portfolio within each product line and increase competition
- Compile competitive intel reports and analyze which carriers are growing in the market industry
- Determine third party tools that the business may need in order to grow our ability to scale and improve efficiencies
- Create documentation, specs, and SOPs when needed to ensure projects progress on time
OUR MATCH MADE IN HEAVEN
- 2+ years of analytics experience and client-facing reports
- Experience with SQL and relational databases
- Experience with BI platforms such as Looker and Tableau
- Experience with supporting multiple accounts, teams, and/or product lines
- Experience with A/B Testing, Statistics, and Data Modeling
- Reporting & Dashboard creation (Forecasting, Pacing, etc.)
- Data Reporting Support (data validation, anomaly detection, etc.)
EXPERIENCE THAT WOULD IMPRESS THE HECK OUT OF US
- B2C experienceInsurance, E-Commerce, or Finance Industry experience
- Startup ExperienceData modeling or database mapping
- Experience with CRM platforms (Salesforce, Copper, etc.)
- Experience with reporting integrations, SFTP servers, etc
ABOUT THE ZEBRA
The Zebra is the most comprehensive online car insurance comparison platform in the U.S. Since 2012, the company has brought transparency and simplicity to car insurance shopping — “car insurance in black and white.” The Zebra compares over 200 car insurance companies, and with its real-time, side-by-side quote comparison tool, drivers can easily and quickly find the coverage, service level, and pricing to suit their unique needs.
Headquartered in Austin, Texas, The Zebra has garnered the attention and investment of some of the nation’s top venture capitalists, and the company’s success has been profiled in publications like Inc., Time, Forbes, and TechCrunch. Austin Business Journal named The Zebra a Best Place to Work in 2015, 2016, 2017 and 2018. Austin American-Statesman awarded The Zebra as a Top Workplace in 2016 and Inc. Magazine recently named The Zebra as a Top Workplace for 2019!
The Zebra is aiming to grow our fantastic team to add to our dynamic culture and continue building on our success. Working at The Zebra means never being bored, always being challenged, and supporting one another. We’re a happy, hardworking group, and we’re eager to add “new stripes” who share those values.
The Zebra is an equal opportunity employer and “at will” company.