Senior SEO Analyst
The Zebra, named a Best Place to Work in Austin four years running, is seeking a Senior SEO Analyst.
What You'll Do:
- Report on all things SEO including rankings, traffic, and revenue
- Build out and manage our SEO reporting platform
- Conduct various SEO tests including title tag testing, A/B testing our landing pages, internal linking tests, and much more
- Assist the SEO product team with your data insights
- Identify and fix technical SEO issues on the website
- Work closely with our QA and Engineering teams to address site issues
- Build out and maintain a content and user intent map
- Report on low CTR by position content
- Work with our Editorial team to help identify low performing content and help optimize it
- Identify areas of the site that need better performance tracking
Our Match Made in Heaven:
- Is ready to take their SEO analyst skills to the next level by helping us build out a testing and analytics platform to drive our SEO strategy
- Has extensive experience with SEO and reporting specifically on organic traffic data
- Has conducted SEO specific tests and is also familiar with A/B testing platforms for landing pages
- Is an expert at Google Analytics and Webmaster Tools and extracting data from both platforms
- Is an expert at using Google Tag Manager
- Is an expert at Excel and can create VLOOKUPs and Pivot Tables in their sleep
- Has extensive experience with SEO Enterprise software such as seoClarity
- Has experience working with data visualization platforms
- Is able to take analysis to the next level by finding trends and opportunities for improvement
- Is just as creative as they are analytical and is able to turn data into actionable insights
Experience That Would Impress The Heck Out of Us:
- You have 5+ years experience in both SEO and data analysis
- You have experience working closely with software development teams
- You have conducted technical SEO audits in the past
- You have built out dashboards in data visualization tools like Tableau and/or Looker
- You can create VLOOKUPs and Pivot Tables in your sleep
- You are a pro at writing complicated SQL queries and Regex
- You live and breathe data and love statistically significant results
- You enjoy fixing things that are broken
- Competitive compensation
- Health, dental, & vision benefits
- Working with a small team of passionate, collaborative and engaged people
- Stock options
- Wellness perk or monthly home maid service
- Work / Life Balance culture
About The Zebra:
The Zebra is the most comprehensive online car insurance comparison platform in the U.S. Since 2012, the company has brought transparency and simplicity to car insurance shopping — “car insurance in black and white.” The Zebra compares over 200 car insurance companies, and with its real-time, side-by-side quote comparison tool, drivers can easily and quickly find the coverage, service level, and pricing to suit their unique needs.
Headquartered in Austin, Texas, The Zebra has garnered the attention and investment of some of the nation’s top venture capitalists, and the company’s success has been profiled in publications like Inc., Time, Forbes, and TechCrunch. Austin Business Journal named The Zebra a Best Place to Work in 2015, 2016, 2017, and 2018. Austin American-Statesman also awarded The Zebra as a Top Workplace in 2016, 2017 and 2018.
The Zebra is aiming to grow our fantastic team to add to our dynamic culture and continue building on our success. Working at The Zebra means never being bored, always being challenged, and supporting one another. We’re a happy, hardworking group, and we’re eager to add “new stripes” who share those values.
The Zebra is an equal opportunity employer and “at will” company.
As part of our dedication to maintaining an inclusive and diverse workforce, The Zebra provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, The Zebra complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
The Zebra expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of The Zebra's employees to perform their job duties may result in discipline up to and including discharge.
**No external recruiters or agents, please.**