VP of Operations
Austin, TX /
The Zebra has grown year-over-year and we’re now seeking a VP of Operations (VPO) to help scale the organization. We’re looking for an experienced leader to join our senior leadership team, someone who will be hands-on with strong strategic, technical and operational orientation. Our VPO will provide exceptional leadership by establishing long-range operational goals, plans, and policies. Reporting directly to our CEO, the VPO will drive, lead and operationalize our OKRs, working with our leadership team to develop scalable business processes to support our rapid growth.
WHAT YOU'LL DO
- Optimize efficiency with the organization to maximize profits and customer satisfaction
- Work with our CEO & Executive Leadership Team to lead, develop and operationalize OKRs for the company, from planning/roadmapping through processes required to accommodate our growth objectives
- Collaborates with executive leadership to develop and meet company goals while supplying expertise and guidance on operations projects and systemsIdentifies, recommends, and drives implementation of new processes, technologies, and systems to improve and streamline organizational processes and use of resources
- Partner with all department leads to define and implement operations strategy, structure, and processesLead and manage a shared-services team of Project and Program Managers
- Anticipate problems and create mitigation pathways
- Monitor performance and proactively identify efficiency issues and propose solutions
- Presents periodic performance reports and metrics to Executive Team, HR, and other leadership
- Maintains knowledge of emerging technologies and trends in operations management
WHO YOU ARE
- Strategic and analytical: able to analyze, learn, and understand situations quickly and focus on the activities that matter the most
- Creative problem-solver: able to uncover the drivers of problems and opportunities, to find and test optimal solutions, and to design systems for solutions to scale
- A service-oriented leader: are interested in mentoring and motivating teammates with thoughtful, humble leadership
- Resilient & adaptable: Able to roll with the punches, when things invariably break during scale; effective fire-fighter
- Both intelligent and practical; possess the ability to learn quickly in a fast-paced, team-oriented environment
- Dedicated to learning: are committed to growing your skills and knowledge by keeping challenged, receiving feedback, asking questions, and rapidly testing hypotheses
- Extensive experience (minimum of 5 years) in operational leadership, insurance industry experience is a major plus
- B2C Tech Experience
- Change management: Able to influence stakeholders to effect (difficult) organizational change with a thoughtful approach from planning to monitoring
- Prioritization: Able to get things done in an environment with many competing demands
- Strong business acumen with a broad understanding of fundamental business principles
EXPERIENCE THAT WILL IMPRESS THE HECK OUT OF US
- Large scale, cross-organizational 3rd party tool implementation and management (e.g. CRM)
BENEFITS + PERKS
- Competitive Compensation & Stock Option Offering
- Health, Dental, Vision & Disability Coverages
- HSA offering + employer contribution
- Unlimited PTO + flexibility to enjoy it
- Paid Parental Leave Program
- Commuter Benefits (up to $100/month
- )Wellness perk ($100/month)
- Learning & Development Stipends
- Onsite Full Service Barista
- Wednesday Catered Lunch + Fully Stocked Fridges
- Opportunity to join Employee Resource Groups (ERGs) or drive our diversity & inclusion stance by creating your own
- Join a team that truly lives their values, and values their lives (outside of the office. Cliche, we know… but we really mean it)
The Zebra is the nation's leading, independent insurance comparison site. With its dynamic, real-time quote comparison tool, consumers can identify insurance companies with the coverage, service level, and pricing to suit their unique needs. The Zebra compares multiple insurance companies and provides agent support and educational resources to ensure consumers are equipped to make the most informed decisions about their home and auto insurance.
Headquartered in Austin, Texas, The Zebra has sought to bring transparency and simplicity to insurance shopping since 2012 — it's "insurance in black and white."
The Zebra has garnered the attention and investment of some of the nation’s top venture capitalists, and the company’s success has been profiled in publications like Inc., The New York Times, Forbes, and TechCrunch. Local and national publications have named The Zebra as a Best Place to Work, including Austin Business Journal in 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2020, The Austin American-Statesman in 2016, 2017, 2018, and 2020 and Inc. Magazine on their nationally-recognized list from 2018-2020.
The Zebra is aiming to grow our fantastic team to add to our dynamic culture and continue building on our success. Working at The Zebra means never being bored, always being challenged, and supporting one another. We’re a happy, hardworking group, and we’re eager to add “new stripes” who share those values.
The Zebra is an equal opportunity employer and “at will” company.
As part of our dedication to maintaining an inclusive and diverse workforce, The Zebra provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, The Zebra complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
The Zebra expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of The Zebra's employees to perform their job duties may result in discipline up to and including discharge.