Senior Marketing Analyst
Austin, TX /
Analytics / Data /
The Zebra, named a Best Place to Work in Austin four years running, is revolutionizing how connected consumers research and shop for insurance. We’re a purpose-driven company looking for a Sr. Marketing Analyst to drive smarter marketing optimization decisions. Reporting directly to a Sr. Manager, Analytics, you will have clear visibility into company direction and strategy. In this pivotal position, you’ll build out robust dashboards, reports, and processes to predict and highlight changes in marketing cost, channel mix, and optimizations to improve monetization. This role will partner closely with our Director of Brand on measuring, analyzing, and reporting on brand spend and other marketing initiatives, including offline and TV advertising.
Please note - while we prefer employees to be in Texas by their state date, we are open to candidates who will work 100% remotely (depending on the state).
This position is not currently eligible for visa sponsorship.
WHAT YOU'LL DO:
- Build reports to track key metrics on marketing campaign performance, channel mix, user journey and segmentation, and provide data support and in-depth analysis to the marketing team.
- Analyze and measure experiments and conversion lift tests to improve marketing efficiency, lower cost-per-click, and increase conversions.
- Partner with Media Channel Managers to measure the impact of branded marketing campaigns on top line metrics.
- Collaborate with Media Channel Managers to build testing roadmaps with both new and existing media partners.
- Provide data support and actionable insights to marketing and business stakeholders that help drive the business forward.
- Create new KPIs and add new metrics for our reporting tool to empower the team to be self-sufficient in their data reporting.
- Take a proactive and self-starter approach to digging into the data to find campaign optimization opportunities for the marketing team to act on.
- Collaborate with other analysts, the data team, and data science to establish best practices and to investigate cross-departmental opportunities while also reporting on company wide performance.
- Support other marketing analysts by catching material changes in our KPIs, digging into the cause, and providing thorough reports on what is driving those changes.
REQUIREMENTS / QUALIFICATIONS:
- Experience across many marketing channels (specifically TV, radio, & offline marketing)
- Experience with TV Measurement Tools and Marketing Attribution
- 3-5+ years professional (or comparable) analyst experience
- Experience with BI platforms, e.g. Looker, Tableau, PowerBI, Adobe or Google Analytics
- Strong attention to detail
- A passion for problem solving with strong analytical capabilities
- Ability to communicate complex information to non-technical audiences
- Ability to deal with ambiguity, effectively cope with change, shift gears comfortably, decide and act without having the total picture, and handle risk and uncertainty
EXPERIENCE THAT WILL IMPRESS THE HECK OUT OF US:
- Experience in online B2C
- Experience with Marketing Testing
- Experience with TV Measurement Tools and Marketing Attribution
- Experience with digital marketing and traffic/click exchange analysis
- Experience with Funnel IO or other workflow process tools
- Experience with cloud-based databases (ie Snowflake)
- Experience or interest with statistics (regression, t-tests, chi-square, etc.)
- Programming experience in R
- Insurance, E-Commerce, or Finance Industry experience
BENEFITS + PERKS:
- Competitive Compensation & Stock Option Offering
- Health, Dental, Vision & Disability Coverages
- HSA offering + employer contribution
- 401k with match
- Unlimited PTO + flexibility to enjoy it
- Paid Parental Leave Program
- Wellness perk ($100/month)
- Pet Adoption Reimbursement ($300/year)
- Learning & Development Stipends
- Bi-Monthly Wednesday Catered Lunch
- Zeal Care - Monthly wellness subscriptions ($35/month)
- Curated monthly snack box - sent to your house
- Opportunity to join Employee Resource Groups (ERGs) or drive our diversity & inclusion stance by creating your own
- Join a team that truly lives their values, and values their lives (outside of the office. Cliche, we know… but we really mean it)
ABOUT THE ZEBRA
The Zebra is the nation's leading, independent insurance comparison site. With its dynamic, real-time quote comparison tool, consumers can identify insurance companies with the coverage, service level, and pricing to suit their unique needs. The Zebra compares multiple insurance companies and provides agent support and educational resources to ensure consumers are equipped to make the most informed decisions about their home and auto insurance. Headquartered in Austin, Texas, The Zebra has sought to bring transparency and simplicity to insurance shopping since 2012 — it's "insurance in black and white."
The Zebra has garnered the attention and investment of some of the nation’s top venture capitalists, and the company’s success has been profiled in publications like Inc., The New York Times, Forbes, and TechCrunch. Local and national publications have named The Zebra as a Best Place to Work, including Austin Business Journal in 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2020, The Austin American-Statesman in 2016, 2017, 2018, and 2020 and Inc. Magazine on their nationally-recognized list from 2018-2020.
The Zebra is aiming to grow our fantastic team to add to our dynamic culture and continue building on our success. Working at The Zebra means never being bored, always being challenged, and supporting one another. We’re a happy, hardworking group, and we’re eager to add “new stripes” who share those values.
The Zebra is an equal opportunity employer and “at will” company.
As part of our dedication to maintaining an inclusive and diverse workforce, The Zebra provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, The Zebra complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
The Zebra expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of The Zebra's employees to perform their job duties may result in discipline up to and including discharge.
**No external recruiters or agents, please.**