Project Manager II
The Zebra, named a Best Place to Work in Austin four years running, is revolutionizing how connected consumers research and shop for insurance. We’re a purpose-driven company looking for an experienced Project Manager and leader to manage and own key client projects. As the leader of our Carrier Integrations Team, you will be responsible for ensuring our technical projects with clients are planned out effectively in order to meet mutual target deadlines. As we continue to rapidly onboard new carrier relationships, you will be the carrier’s go-to contact for technical implementation. You will play an instrumental role in onboarding, implementation and ongoing technical support coordination for our partners. This position reports directly to the VP of Commercialization and is a full-time role based in Austin, TX.
What You'll Do:
Onboarding and Implementation
- Gather all requirements from partners, working closely with business development to ensure all assets are collected
- Create a detailed outline for onboarding new partners ensuring all parties follow checklist of items required to become a new partner of The Zebra
- Establishing timeline with Carrier Integration Team and setting internal schedule for rollouts
- Communicating with carrier and rate source to set schedule and target dates for project progress and completion
- Own technical relationship with carriers and rating partners
- Lead and mentor your team to implement new partners and support projects
- Ensure your team uses a process/tool to maintain rigorous documentation on progress with implementation and testing
- Thoroughly prepare for weekly syncs with internal stakeholder on ‘the latest’
- Organize list of ongoing projects in an organized and easy-to-digest fashion
- Collaborate with internal and external stakeholders on timeline; work internally to prioritize and set launch schedule
- Schedule regular touchpoints with carrier to convene on outstanding items and ensure all parties have what they need to stick to project deadline
- Transparently communicate changes in timeline and scope
- Hold all parties accountable to achieve the target release date set for each new implementation. All parties include: The Zebra internal stakeholders, External/carrier stakeholders, Your team
- Send monthly company-wide updates on releases and impact to the business
- Work closely with business analyst and Account Management to track success and business impact of project completion since go-live
Our Match Made in Heaven:
- Have 3-6 years of experience managing multiple, simultaneous, complex projects from start to finish
- Project Management Professional (PMP) / PRINCE II certification is a plus
- Have a strong working knowledge of Microsoft Office
- Are excellent with written and verbal communication skills (client-facing and internal)
- Can navigate conflicting requirements and opinions to drive decision-making
- Enjoy and have experience collecting and managing project requirements
- Have experience or a desire to manage, mentor and develop a team of junior PMs
- Understand and have used third-party Project Management Tools
- Are very organized and detail-oriented
- Can manage your team, internal and external stakeholders to a tight deadline where necessary
- You understand when it is necessary to have a sense of urgency and when it is not and can prioritize accordingly
- Thrive in a startup environment where things can get busy but where you can add real value and where your ideas will be heard
- Revel in being a self-starter. You proactively seek out opportunities to learn and improve yourself, your team and the processes around you
- Competitive compensation
- Health, dental, & vision benefits
- Working with a small team of passionate, collaborative and engaged people
- Stock options
- Wellness perk or monthly home maid service
- Work / Life Balance culture
About The Zebra:
The Zebra is the most comprehensive online car insurance comparison platform in the U.S. Since 2012, the company has brought transparency and simplicity to car insurance shopping — “car insurance in black and white.” The Zebra compares over 200 car insurance companies, and with its real-time, side-by-side quote comparison tool, drivers can easily and quickly find the coverage, service level, and pricing to suit their unique needs.
Headquartered in Austin, Texas, The Zebra has garnered the attention and investment of some of the nation’s top venture capitalists, and the company’s success has been profiled in publications like Inc., Time, Forbes, and TechCrunch. Austin Business Journal named The Zebra a Best Place to Work in 2015, 2016, and 2017. Austin American-Statesman also awarded The Zebra as a Top Workplace in 2016.
The Zebra is aiming to grow our fantastic team to add to our dynamic culture and continue building on our success. Working at The Zebra means never being bored, always being challenged, and supporting one another. We’re a happy, hardworking group, and we’re eager to add “new stripes” who share those values.
The Zebra is an equal opportunity employer and “at will” company.
As part of our dedication to maintaining an inclusive and diverse workforce, The Zebra provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, The Zebra complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
The Zebra expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of The Zebra's employees to perform their job duties may result in discipline up to and including discharge.
**No external recruiters or agents, please.**