The Zebra, named a Best Place to Work in Austin four years running, is revolutionizing how connected consumers research and shop for insurance. and is a full-time role based in Austin, TX. The Client Specialist role is a key part of supporting and growing our existing client base. You’ll be responsible for working with our account managers to handle much of the day-to-day with our carrier relationships, providing analytical and reporting support; as well as being responsible for managing and growing your own client book of business. The right person is energetic, analytical, strategic, detail-oriented, and has great rapport with others. He or she enjoys relationship management, strategic sales, and desires to move into a long-term career path in account management.
What You'll Do:
- Work with The Zebra’s account managers team to be a key point of contact for client support requests and executing against account plans
- Run or create basic reporting and analysis for clients, and partner with internal analytics teams as needed
- Manage a book of business of client relationships and be responsible for revenue growth of the book
- Work with account managers to prepare for client onsites. Responsibilities may include booking meetings and travel, coordinating agendas, as well as providing support in collateral creation.
- Participate in client onboarding and sales calls. Prepare account managers with call preps.
- Coordinate and update pricing and campaign filtering changes across calls and click advertising in campaign management portals
- Partnerwith Account Managers to follow up on assigned action items and deliverables with carriers, such as reporting, approvals, RFP responses and materials, etc
- Adhoc projects and initiatives as required
- Identify and troubleshoot client technical issues with QA and Product teams
- Work with Product and engineering teams to ensure timely delivery of client and customer-focused features and enhancements
- Coordinate invoicing with The Zebra’s accounting department
- CRM inputs and updates
- Manage contracts across our existing accounts
- Work with data and analytics team to find opportunities and identify performance issues
- Alert AMs to internal spend and performance shifts that could be a sign of technical problems
Our Match Made in Heaven:
- 2-3 years of analytical and client facing experience in digital marketing, insurtech, insurance, or ecommerce preferred
- 3-5 years business experience working in a B2B environment
- Auto insurance experience a plus
- Solid communication skills, both written and verbal
- Well versed in MS Office products
- Comfortable pulling, reading, and interpreting data
- A strong desire to pursue a career in account management
- Strong organization skill
- Strong ability to prioritize and self-manage
- Ability to yodel and train carrier pigeons a plus
- Competitive compensation
- Health, dental, & vision benefits
- Working with a small team of passionate, collaborative and engaged people
- Stock options
- Wellness perk or monthly home maid service
- Work / Life Balance culture
About The Zebra:
The Zebra is the most comprehensive online car insurance comparison platform in the U.S. Since 2012, the company has brought transparency and simplicity to car insurance shopping — “car insurance in black and white.” The Zebra compares over 200 car insurance companies, and with its real-time, side-by-side quote comparison tool, drivers can easily and quickly find the coverage, service level, and pricing to suit their unique needs.
Headquartered in Austin, Texas, The Zebra has garnered the attention and investment of some of the nation’s top venture capitalists, and the company’s success has been profiled in publications like Inc., Time, Forbes, and TechCrunch. Austin Business Journal named The Zebra a Best Place to Work in 2015, 2016, and 2017. Austin American-Statesman also awarded The Zebra as a Top Workplace in 2016.
The Zebra is aiming to grow our fantastic team to add to our dynamic culture and continue building on our success. Working at The Zebra means never being bored, always being challenged, and supporting one another. We’re a happy, hardworking group, and we’re eager to add “new stripes” who share those values.
The Zebra is an equal opportunity employer and “at will” company.
As part of our dedication to maintaining an inclusive and diverse workforce, The Zebra provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, The Zebra complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
The Zebra expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of The Zebra's employees to perform their job duties may result in discipline up to and including discharge.
**No external recruiters or agents, please.**