Brand Media Manager
Austin, TX /
The Zebra is seeking a Brand Media Manager to manage our TV/CTV/OTT advertising efforts with the intent to drive brand awareness, site engagement, marketing revenue, and new customer acquisition. As the Brand Media Manager, you will work in partnership with our media agency to optimize TV campaigns towards growing The Zebra’s customer base, whilst delivering a strong return on ad spend. An analytical approach to media will be imperative to succeed in this role.
WHAT YOU'LL DO:
- Lead the planning of TV/CTV/OTT marketing campaigns with our media agency
- Create a testing roadmap to ensure no opportunities in the TV/CTV/OTT are left unexplored or unvetted
- Brief the agency and media partners on new brand initiatives and/or product launches to inform the supporting TV/CTV/OTT media plan
- Conduct regular, actionable analysis through the attribution tool TVSquared to continuously improve KPIs (i.e. Cost per Response and Response Rate)
- Partner with the Brand & Product Marketing Manager to ensure that the TV media plan supports and aligns with the Communications Calendar and Product launches
- Collaborate with Market Research to understand the impact of TV on brand health related metrics (i.e. unaided/aided brand awareness, brand consideration, etc.)
- Work closely with Analytics to measure the impact of TV/CTV/OTT on top line site metrics, along with on other channels in order to calculate ROMI
- Coordinate with other Media Managers to ensure alignment on multi-channel campaign launches across brand and performance marketing channels
REQUIREMENTS / QUALIFICATIONS:
- Clear, thorough understanding of the US TV media planning and buying process
- Experience running both Brand and Direct Response advertising campaigns for the following channels: national TV, unwired TV, OTT, and CTV
- Media agency management experience - comfortable creating media briefs, analyzing campaign performance, and holding media agencies and partners accountable for media buys
- Experience partnering with data analysts on extracting actionable insights from media reporting, leading to campaign optimizations and improvements
- Prior experience testing and measuring creative when it’s live, ensuring that media is comparable to enable for a clean A/B test environment
- Can think outside the box and has a test, learn, and iterate marketing approach
- Strong project management skills to meet deadlines and able to juggle an ever-changing set of priorities
- The ability to work independently and as a partner to collaborate on overall campaign strategies and goals
EXPERIENCE THAT WILL IMPRESS THE HECK OUT OF US:
- 4-6 years of working as a media buyer, media planner and/or media analyst
- Applicable experience from the brand or agency side
- Relevant experience with a TV direct response attribution tool such as TVSquared
- Experience managing large marketing and advertising budgets
- Prior experience marketing multiple products and/or verticals simultaneously
- Background in B2C Marketing, including finance and insurance related businesses
- Excellent communication skills, both oral and written, with strong analytical and problem solving skills
BENEFITS + PERKS:
- Competitive Compensation & Stock Option Offering
- Health, Dental, Vision & Disability Coverages
- HSA offering + employer contribution
- Unlimited PTO + flexibility to enjoy it
- Paid Parental Leave Program
- Commuter Benefits (up to $100/month)
- Wellness perk ($100/month)
- Learning & Development Stipends
- Onsite Full Service Barista
- Wednesday Catered Lunch + Fully Stocked Fridges
- Opportunity to join Employee Resource Groups (ERGs) or drive our diversity & inclusion stance by creating your own
- Join a team that truly lives their values, and values their lives (outside of the office. Cliche, we know… but we really mean it)
ABOUT THE ZEBRA
The Zebra is the nation's leading, independent insurance comparison site. With its dynamic, real-time quote comparison tool, consumers can identify insurance companies with the coverage, service level, and pricing to suit their unique needs. The Zebra compares multiple insurance companies and provides agent support and educational resources to ensure consumers are equipped to make the most informed decisions about their home and auto insurance. Headquartered in Austin, Texas, The Zebra has sought to bring transparency and simplicity to insurance shopping since 2012 — it's "insurance in black and white."
The Zebra has garnered the attention and investment of some of the nation’s top venture capitalists, and the company’s success has been profiled in publications like Inc., The New York Times, Forbes, and TechCrunch. Local and national publications have named The Zebra as a Best Place to Work, including Austin Business Journal in 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2020, The Austin American-Statesman in 2016, 2017, 2018, and 2020 and Inc. Magazine on their nationally-recognized list from 2018-2020.
The Zebra is aiming to grow our fantastic team to add to our dynamic culture and continue building on our success. Working at The Zebra means never being bored, always being challenged, and supporting one another. We’re a happy, hardworking group, and we’re eager to add “new stripes” who share those values.
The Zebra is an equal opportunity employer and “at will” company.
As part of our dedication to maintaining an inclusive and diverse workforce, The Zebra provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, The Zebra complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
The Zebra expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of The Zebra's employees to perform their job duties may result in discipline up to and including discharge.
**No external recruiters or agents, please.**