Austin, TX or New York, NY
The Zebra, named a Best Place to Work in Austin four years running, is revolutionizing how connected consumers research and shop for insurance. We’re a big-thinking, design-focused and purpose-driven company looking for a Creative Director who is as passionate about creativity and results as we are. Reporting directly to the VP of Content & Communications, you will play an essential role in the creative, communications, product and content departments. The Zebra Creative Director is as comfortable drafting email copy as ideating the next big viral campaign. Our ideal candidate is a visionary and leader who has spot-on professional judgement to take our creative to the next level.
What You'll Do:
- Direct and oversee creative efforts (creative thinking, copywriting and art direction) for The Zebra marketing and brand including ad campaigns (digital, video, social, etc.), websites, email campaigns, television and podcast advertising, just to name a few. Create integrated content across all marketing channels from digital, social media and paid media, ensuring consistency across branding, tone and voice.
- Understand what creative concept will play well in the market. Review and approve art and copy developed by the team, ensuring deliverables effectively address goals and challenges. Produce fresh, innovative work that translates complex ideas into compelling materials and experiences.
- Prioritize work and resources based on short- and long-term needs, establishing production schedules by collaborating with designers, copywriters and production departments. Maximize the talents of The Zebra creative team by being a coach and a critic all at once.
Our Match Made in Heaven:
- 10 years of related experience with 7+ years of creative direction in agency or start-up setting
- An expert in all facets of the creative process — and the creative industry — in order to produce the best work
- An intimate understanding of design, copy and web best practices/guidelines
- Experience with a variety of software, including Photoshop, InDesign, Flash, etc
- Excellent leadership and communication skills
- A strong understanding of brand development and multichannel marketing concepts
- Strong creative vision with an understanding of business objectives
- Someone who thrives in a fast-paced environment
- Collaborate closely with marketing, product and design teams to plan, write and improve copy (website, ad campaigns, email, how-to video scripts, etc.)
Experience That Would Impress Us:
- Award winning portfolio
- Insurance industry-specific knowledge, as well as deep familiarity with emerging/relevant digital technology and social/media channels
- Expert in both copywriting and art direction
- Highly skilled with directing a team of creative talent
- Competitive compensation
- Health, dental, & vision benefits
- Working with a small team of passionate, collaborative and engaged people
- Stock options
- Wellness perk or monthly home maid service
- Work / Life Balance culture
About The Zebra:
The Zebra is the most comprehensive online car insurance comparison platform in the U.S. Since 2012, the company has brought transparency and simplicity to car insurance shopping — “car insurance in black and white.” The Zebra compares over 200 car insurance companies, and with its real-time, side-by-side quote comparison tool, drivers can easily and quickly find the coverage, service level, and pricing to suit their unique needs.
Headquartered in Austin, Texas, The Zebra has garnered the attention and investment of some of the nation’s top venture capitalists, and the company’s success has been profiled in publications like Inc., Time, Forbes, and TechCrunch. Austin Business Journal named The Zebra a Best Place to Work in 2015, 2016, and 2017. Austin American-Statesman also awarded The Zebra as a Top Workplace in 2016.
The Zebra is aiming to grow our fantastic team to add to our dynamic culture and continue building on our success. Working at The Zebra means never being bored, always being challenged, and supporting one another. We’re a happy, hardworking group, and we’re eager to add “new stripes” who share those values.
The Zebra is an equal opportunity employer and “at will” company.
As part of our dedication to maintaining an inclusive and diverse workforce, The Zebra provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, The Zebra complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
The Zebra expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of The Zebra's employees to perform their job duties may result in discipline up to and including discharge.
**No external recruiters or agents, please.**