Director of Customer Service Experience
As Director of Customer Service Experience, you’ll play a key leadership role in developing and executing a strategy that delivers world-class customer experiences for the rapidly-growing user base at TheZebra.com. This role will help shape our contact center strategy and will have substantial interactions with senior leadership.
What You'll Do:
- Build and Lead
- In consultation with the VP of Customer Experience, you’ll build, recruit, lead and mentor the contact support/contact team
- Help create and implement a service culture that is fanatical about creating exceptional experiences for our usersBecome an expert in the customer journey, and help build programs that help support and improve the user experience
- Support and ensure excellent human points of contact between users and customer
- Recruit, train and mentor top talent who will support the service culture and create great customer experiences
- Maximize systems in place and support finding new tools to ensure cutting edge human interactions between The Zebra and users
- Create efficiencies to improve our response time and maximize retention and repeat businessHelp develop tools and strategies to measure and improve customer satisfaction
- Work collaboratively with all business functions as we bring products and features to market
- Establish a strong relationship with the Director of Sales and the Sales Team
- Develop meaningful reward programs that align with the customer experience strategy
- Help build a strong service culture amongst the entire Agency Team
Our Match Made in Heaven:
- A dynamic, customer-focused outlook that will be infectious throughout the organization
- Three or more years of customer service experience, preferably in the financial services industry
- Two or more years of prior management experience, especially in a customer service environment
- Property & Casualty insurance experience a plus
- Ability to obtain an insurance license including passing a background screening
- A bachelors or higher degree in Marketing or Business or equivalent work experience
- Competitive compensation
- Health, dental, & vision benefits
- Career advancement opportunities
- Stock options
- Monthly home maid service
- Wellness perk
- Work / Life balance culture
About The Zebra:
The Zebra is the most comprehensive online car insurance comparison platform in the U.S. Since 2012, the company has brought transparency and simplicity to car insurance shopping — “car insurance in black and white.” The Zebra compares over 200 car insurance companies, and with its real-time, side-by-side quote comparison tool, drivers can easily and quickly find the coverage, service level, and pricing to suit their unique needs.
Headquartered in Austin, Texas, The Zebra has garnered the attention and investment of some of the nation’s top venture capitalists, and the company’s success has been profiled in publications like Inc., Time, Forbes, and TechCrunch. Austin Business Journal named The Zebra a Best Place to Work in 2015, 2016, and 2017. Austin American-Statesman also awarded The Zebra as a Top Workplace in 2016.
The Zebra is aiming to grow our fantastic team to add to our dynamic culture and continue building on our success. Working at The Zebra means never being bored, always being challenged, and supporting one another. We’re a happy, hardworking group, and we’re eager to add “new stripes” who share those values.
The Zebra is an equal opportunity employer and “at will” company.