Solutions Desk Analyst
The Zebra is seeking a self-driven Solutions Desk Analyst who is passionate about IT and Technology to support our growing herd. The primary role of this person is to act as the first point of contact for all corporate technology related issues and questions. Our end-users are our customers. The SDA provides personable and professional customer focused support and exhibits ownership throughout the resolution or escalation process while providing timely and helpful updates to our Zeebs in-need.
Our team is passionate about supporting those that support our business by providing the right technology at the right time. We do not accept the status quo. The Solutions Desk proactively seeks out pain points within our organization and provides systems, processes and workflows that improve productivity and provide a solid return-on-investment. We believe no one should suffer in silence and deal with something technically painful because they are unaware of an alternative. Complacency is contrary to our success.
WHAT YOU'LL DO:
- Provide first line support to our Zeebs
- Help create an amazing on-boarding experience for new Zeebs
- Maintain our video conferencing and collaboration platforms
- Respond to security alerts
- Track and maintain assets and inventory levels
- Maintain an up-to-date, working knowledge of Google, Apple, Dell, and Microsoft products and news
- Create and maintain well written documentation
- Assist team members with projects and tasks
REQUIREMENTS / QUALIFICATIONS:
- 1+ year working experience in an IT support role
- Adept at troubleshooting both Mac and Windows operating systems and hardware
- Understanding of TCP/IP based networking and troubleshooting in macOS and Windows
- Experience creating and deploying macOS and Windows Images, patches and application bundles
- Understanding of Windows and macOS based software, especially remote desktop and built-in utilities (e.g. terminal, activity monitor, system preferences, console, disk utility)
EXPERIENCE THAT WILL IMPRESS THE HECK OUT OF US:
- Administration of Google G Suite
- Administration of a Single Sign-On Solution such as OneLogin
- macOS preference management with JAMF
- Video conferencing with Zoom
- Wireless networking with Ubiquiti
- Collaboration using Slack
- End-point protection using Sophos, Crowdstrike, or Windows ATP
- Administration of Cisco Switches
- Administration of Fortigate Firewalls
BENEFITS + PERKS:
- Competitive Compensation & Stock Option Offering
- Health, Dental, Vision & Disability Coverages
- HSA offering + employer contribution
- Unlimited PTO + flexibility to enjoy it
- Paid Parental Leave Program
- Commuter Benefits (up to $100/month)
- Wellness perk ($100/month)
- Learning & Development Stipends
- Onsite Full Service Barista
- Wednesday Catered Lunch + Fully Stocked Fridges
- Opportunity to join Employee Resource Groups (ERGs) or drive our diversity & inclusion stance by creating your own
- Join a team that truly lives their values, and values their lives (outside of the office. Cliche, we know… but we really mean it)
ABOUT THE ZEBRA:
The Zebra is the most comprehensive online car insurance comparison platform in the U.S. Since 2012, the company has brought transparency and simplicity to car insurance shopping — “car insurance in black and white.” The Zebra compares over 200 car insurance companies, and with its real-time, side-by-side quote comparison tool, drivers can easily and quickly find the coverage, service level, and pricing to suit their unique needs.
Headquartered in Austin, Texas, The Zebra has garnered the attention and investment of some of the nation’s top venture capitalists, and the company’s success has been profiled in publications like Inc., Time, Forbes, and TechCrunch. Austin Business Journal named The Zebra a Best Place to Work in 2015, 2016, 2017, and 2018. Austin American-Statesman also awarded The Zebra as a Top Workplace in 2016, 2017 and 2018.
The Zebra is aiming to grow our fantastic team to add to our dynamic culture and continue building on our success. Working at The Zebra means never being bored, always being challenged, and supporting one another. We’re a happy, hardworking group, and we’re eager to add “new stripes” who share those values.
The Zebra is an equal opportunity employer and “at will” company.
As part of our dedication to maintaining an inclusive and diverse workforce, The Zebra provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, The Zebra complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
The Zebra expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of The Zebra's employees to perform their job duties may result in discipline up to and including discharge.
**No external recruiters or agents, please.**