People Operations Generalist
At The Zebra, our people are everything. They help us put our mission into action, bring our values to life day-to-day, continuously improve our product and connect with our users. As our People Operations Generalist, you’re a bright "people person" with a generalist background who excels in key areas of people processes, benefits administration, HRIS management, employee relations, and onboarding. Reporting to our Head of People, you’ll be an integral part of the People team and will help deliver an amazing employee experience to fellow Zebras.
WHAT YOU'LL DO
- Support the People team in implementing programs to help improve the employee experience
- Support core People processes (e.g., performance reviews, compensation cycles, equity administration, promotions, exits/terminations, etc.) in partnership with others
- Own administrative tasks & workflows for onboarding, new hire orientation, and exit interviews, including entering data into our HR systems and auditing for accuracy and compliance
- Work with the HR / People team on the development and roll-out of new policies and procedures, updating the HRIS systems and administration of benefits and compensation, and always strive to improve the employee experience
- Ensure legal compliance of HR state and federal regulations and applicable employment laws, and update policies and/or procedures as required
- Minimum of 2 years of experience in an HR or People Operations role required
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills (high EQ) with an ability to take initiative and quickly become a trusted partner on the People Team
- Servant-leadership attitude with a high level of professionalism, tact, and discretion
- A genuine interest and passion for making a difference in the diversity & inclusion space
- A desire to listen to and understand the needs of others
- A desire to protect our company values and see them reflected in every decision and practice
- Excellent record keeping, organizational finesse and keen attention to detail
- Strong knowledge of HR practices, State and Federal employment laws
- Hyper-growth, startup experience a plus!
- HR Certification a major plus!
- Your own unique talents - if you don't meet 100% of the qualifications outlined above, tell us why you'd be a phenomenal fit for this role in your cover letter
BENEFITS + PERKS
- Competitive Compensation & Stock Option Offering
- Health, Dental, Vision, Disability + Life Coverages
- HSA offering + employer contributionUnlimited PTO + flexibility to enjoy it
- Paid Parental Leave Program
- Commuter Benefits (up to $100/month)
- Wellness perk ($100/month)Learning & Development Stipends
- Onsite Full Service Barista
- Wednesday Catered Lunch + Fully Stocked Fridges
- Opportunity to join Employee Resource Groups (ERGs) or drive our diversity & inclusion stance by creating your own
- Join a team that truly lives their values, and values their lives (outside of the office. Cliche, we know… but we really mean it)
ABOUT THE ZEBRA
The Zebra is the most comprehensive online car insurance comparison platform in the U.S. Since 2012, the company has brought transparency and simplicity to car insurance shopping — “car insurance in black and white.” The Zebra compares over 200 car insurance companies, and with its real-time, side-by-side quote comparison tool, drivers can easily and quickly find the coverage, service level, and pricing to suit their unique needs.
Headquartered in Austin, Texas, The Zebra has garnered the attention and investment of some of the nation’s top venture capitalists, and the company’s success has been profiled in publications like Inc., Time, Forbes, and TechCrunch. Austin Business Journal named The Zebra a Best Place to Work in 2015, 2016, 2017, and 2018. Austin American-Statesman awarded The Zebra as a Top Workplace in 2016, 2017, and 2018 and Inc. Magazine recognized The Zebra as Best Workplace for 2019!!
The Zebra is aiming to grow our fantastic team to add to our dynamic culture and continue building on our success. Working at The Zebra means never being bored, always being challenged, and supporting one another. We’re a happy, hardworking group, and we’re eager to add “new stripes” who share those values.
The Zebra is an equal opportunity employer and “at will” company.
As part of our dedication to maintaining an inclusive and diverse workforce, The Zebra provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, The Zebra complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
The Zebra expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of The Zebra's employees to perform their job duties may result in discipline up to and including discharge.
**No external recruiters or agents, please.**