Licensed Insurance Sales Agent
Competitive hourly rate; Base Income + Monthly Bonus = Avg. of $25-30/hour
Austin insurance tech company The Zebra—recently named one of Austin’s Best Places to Work by the Austin Business Journal and one of America's Best Workplaces by Inc. Magazine! — is looking for talented sales professionals to join our bustling Downtown call center and tight-knit team. You’ll be the first point of contact for our customers shopping for insurance on the nation’s leading insurance search engine. Your role will be to turn insurance shoppers into long-term customers and brand champions of The Zebra.
WHAT YOU'LL DO:
- Answer inbound sales calls from customers who need assistance with purchasing various insurance products
- Quote and sell through multiple insurance carriers and quoting platforms
- Cross-sell customers to meet all of their insurance needs
- Maintain a high level of production in a fast paced sales environment
- Work schedule will fit between 8 AM - 11 PM, Monday - Friday and may include a weekend day / weekends
- Work from home a portion of your work week
- Opportunities to learn and grow
REQUIREMENTS / QUALIFICATIONS:
- Currently holds a TX P&C license (required)
- Proven track record of success in a sales role
- Thrives in a fast paced and highly competitive work environment
- Motivated by monthly sales incentives
- Ability to be flexible and evolve rapidly with the company’s needs
- Consistently meet sales goals
EXPERIENCE THAT WILL IMPRESS THE HECK OUT OF US:
- 2+ years experience in auto insurance sales
- Attention to detail
- Have the ability to multitask
- Experience selling multiple insurance products (i.e. home, umbrella, etc)Value self-awareness, intellectual honesty, judgment, empathy & positive energy
- Prefer an environment where you can add real value and contribute your ideas
- Believe everyone is entitled to the same level of respect, regardless of their position or title
- Passion for delivering a superior experience to our customers & one another
- Work hard because you love what you do, but maintain work / life balance
BENEFITS + PERKS:
- Competitive Compensation & Stock Option Offering (base Income + Monthly Bonus = Avg of $25-30/hour)
- Uncapped monthly incentive program
- Health, Dental, Vision & Disability Coverages
- HSA offering + employer contribution
- Paid Parental Leave Program
- Commuter Benefits (up to $100/month)
- Wellness perk ($100/month)
- Learning & Development Stipends
- Onsite Full Service Barista
- Wednesday Catered Lunch + Fully Stocked Fridges
- Opportunity to join Employee Resource Groups (ERGs) or drive our diversity & inclusion stance by creating your own
- Join a team that truly lives their values, and values their lives (outside of the office. Cliche, we know… but we really mean it)
- Monthly and quarterly team outings
ABOUT THE ZEBRA:
The Zebra is the most comprehensive online car insurance comparison platform in the U.S. Since 2012, the company has brought transparency and simplicity to car insurance shopping — “car insurance in black and white.” The Zebra compares over 200 car insurance companies, and with its real-time, side-by-side quote comparison tool, drivers can easily and quickly find the coverage, service level, and pricing to suit their unique needs.
Headquartered in Austin, Texas, The Zebra has garnered the attention and investment of some of the nation’s top venture capitalists, and the company’s success has been profiled in publications like Inc., Time, Forbes, and TechCrunch. Austin Business Journal named The Zebra a Best Place to Work in 2015, 2016, 2017, and 2018. Austin American-Statesman also awarded The Zebra as a Top Workplace in 2016, 2017 and 2018.
The Zebra is aiming to grow our fantastic team to add to our dynamic culture and continue building on our success. Working at The Zebra means never being bored, always being challenged, and supporting one another. We’re a happy, hardworking group, and we’re eager to add “new stripes” who share those values.
The Zebra is an equal opportunity employer and “at will” company.
As part of our dedication to maintaining an inclusive and diverse workforce, The Zebra provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, The Zebra complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
The Zebra expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of The Zebra's employees to perform their job duties may result in discipline up to and including discharge.
**No external recruiters or agents, please.**