Customer Service Professional
Austin insurance tech company The Zebra—recently named one of Austin’s Best Places to Work by the Austin Business Journal and one of America's Best Workplaces by Inc. Magazine! — is looking for talented sales professionals to join our bustling Downtown call center and tight-knit team. You’ll be the first point of contact for our customers shopping for insurance on the nation’s leading insurance search engine. Your role will be to turn insurance shoppers into long-term customers and brand champions of The Zebra.
WHAT YOU'LL DO
- Answer inbound phone calls, emails and chats for the company—most of these calls will be our customers inquiring for assistance with their insurance policy or new customers requesting information about buying a policy.
- You’ll assist our customers by processing payments and endorsements along with answering general questions regarding their insurance policy.
- Rewrite insurance policies for prior customers.
- Contact customers in an effort to retain their business.
- Follow-up on outstanding policy requirements by contacting customers or insurance carriers.
- Audit policies for quality purposes.
- Retain current customers through various retention efforts.
- Take back-up calls for the sales team as needed.
- Assist sales and contact agents with service related issues.
- Other tasks as assigned.
REQUIREMENTS / QUALIFICATIONS:
- 1+ years customer service or related experience, preferably in the insurance industry
- Preferred experience with EZLynx Agency Management System
- An active Property and Casualty License is required
- Excellent communication skills - written, verbal and listening
- People oriented
- Problem solving
- Attention to detail
- Schedule flexibility
- Multitasking and time management skills
- Pride in getting work done accurately and timely
- Passion for customer service is a must!
- Ability to work from home at the company's discretion
BENEFITS + PERKS
- Competitive Compensation & Stock Option Offering
- Health, Dental, Vision & Disability Coverages
- HSA offering + employer contribution
- Paid Parental Leave Program
- Commuter Benefits (up to $100/month)
- Wellness perk ($100/month)
- Learning & Development Stipends
- Onsite Full Service Barista
- Wednesday Catered Lunch + Fully Stocked Fridges
- Opportunity to join Employee Resource Groups (ERGs) or drive our diversity & inclusion stance by creating your own
- Join a team that truly lives their values, and values their lives (outside of the office. Cliche, we know… but we really mean it)
- Monthly and quarterly team outings
ABOUT THE ZEBRA
The Zebra is the most comprehensive online car insurance comparison platform in the U.S. Since 2012, the company has brought transparency and simplicity to car insurance shopping — “car insurance in black and white.” The Zebra compares over 200 car insurance companies, and with its real-time, side-by-side quote comparison tool, drivers can easily and quickly find the coverage, service level, and pricing to suit their unique needs.
Headquartered in Austin, Texas, The Zebra has garnered the attention and investment of some of the nation’s top venture capitalists, and the company’s success has been profiled in publications like Inc., Time, Forbes, and TechCrunch. Austin Business Journal named The Zebra a Best Place to Work in 2015, 2016, 2017, and 2018. Austin American-Statesman also awarded The Zebra as a Top Workplace in 2016, 2017 and 2018.
The Zebra is aiming to grow our fantastic team to add to our dynamic culture and continue building on our success. Working at The Zebra means never being bored, always being challenged, and supporting one another. We’re a happy, hardworking group, and we’re eager to add “new stripes” who share those values.
The Zebra is an equal opportunity employer and “at will” company.
As part of our dedication to maintaining an inclusive and diverse workforce, The Zebra provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, The Zebra complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
The Zebra expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of The Zebra's employees to perform their job duties may result in discipline up to and including discharge.
**No external recruiters or agents, please.**