The Zebra, named a Best Place to Work in Austin four years running, is revolutionizing how connected consumers research and shop for insurance. We’re a purpose-driven company looking for a Product Analyst to drive smarter product decisions. Reporting directly to the VP of Product, you will have clear visibility into company direction and strategy. In this pivotal position, you’ll build out robust dashboards, reports, and processes to predict and highlight changes in the product and recommend optimizations to improve the user experience and monetization.
What You'll Do:
Build Out Reporting Processes
- Create daily reporting that gives the product team easy to understand insight into the health and pace of the product and individual features
- Build reports to track key metrics on user behavior and revenue
- Catch technical bugs using data
- Analyze impact of A/Bs and feature changes on key KPIs
- Highlight product gaps and inefficiencies
- Report monthly on changes in the product - improvements and declines
Track and Predict Product Impact
- Become an expert in how all of our features interact and their various touch points
- Use regression analytics for helping to understand one features’ influence on the other
- Closely analyze trends for each feature
- Take a proactive and self-starter approach to digging into the data to find opportunities
- Utilize data to alert the team to both wins and problematic areas
Determine Methods to Improve Product
- Conduct research and gather the necessary data to support effective and innovative product enhancements
- Use data to determine and support which product improvements should be made and why
- Collaborate with other analysts, the data team, and data science to establish best practices
- Help to spec what an A/B or multivariate test would look like to improve a particular product or marketing/ email campaign and what data we should track to determine the success of each A/B test
- Analyze the impact of A/B tests and recommend subsequent tests using data
- Partner with the UX research team to gather quantitative data for research studies
Our Match Made in Heaven:
- 2+ years professional (or comparable) analyst experience
- Experience with SQL and relational databases
- Experience with BI platforms, e.g. Looker, Tableau, Adobe or Google Analytics
- Strong attention to detail
- A passion for problem solving with strong analytical capabilities
- Ability to communicate complex information to non-technical audiences
Experience That Would Truly Impress Us:
- Experience with tools like Snowflake, Redshift, Hadoop, HIVE or BigQuery
- Programming experience in Python
- Advanced STEM degree
- Competitive compensation
- Health, dental, & vision benefits
- Working with a small team of passionate, collaborative and engaged people
- Stock options
- Wellness perk or monthly home maid service
- Work / Life Balance culture
About The Zebra:
The Zebra is the most comprehensive online car insurance comparison platform in the U.S. Since 2012, the company has brought transparency and simplicity to car insurance shopping — “car insurance in black and white.” The Zebra compares over 200 car insurance companies, and with its real-time, side-by-side quote comparison tool, drivers can easily and quickly find the coverage, service level, and pricing to suit their unique needs.
Headquartered in Austin, Texas, The Zebra has garnered the attention and investment of some of the nation’s top venture capitalists, and the company’s success has been profiled in publications like Inc., Time, Forbes, and TechCrunch. Austin Business Journal named The Zebra a Best Place to Work in 2015, 2016, and 2017. Austin American-Statesman also awarded The Zebra as a Top Workplace in 2016.
The Zebra is aiming to grow our fantastic team to add to our dynamic culture and continue building on our success. Working at The Zebra means never being bored, always being challenged, and supporting one another. We’re a happy, hardworking group, and we’re eager to add “new stripes” who share those values.
The Zebra is an equal opportunity employer and “at will” company.
As part of our dedication to maintaining an inclusive and diverse workforce, The Zebra provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, The Zebra complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
The Zebra expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of The Zebra's employees to perform their job duties may result in discipline up to and including discharge.
**No external recruiters or agents, please.**