Audience Insights Analyst (Marketing Analytics)
The Zebra, named a Best Place to Work in Austin four years running, is revolutionizing how connected consumers research and shop for insurance. The Zebra is expanding our Marketing analytics team and we are looking for an Audience Insights Analyst who is data driven, passionate about the customer journey and enjoys working across teams to drive insights and optimizations. You will have the opportunity to build this function by interpreting customer data, finding the highest value prospects, and driving targeting and personalization strategies that position our brand in the right way, to the right consumer at the right time. You don’t only think in terms of acquisition or top down funnel; your lens is the individual and their journey. You know how to dig into ‘people’ data to drive insights, but can also speak to leadership about the consumer marketing experience and how it impacts the broader business.
What You'll Do:
- Analyze large customer data sets to provide insights across multiple dimensions including demographics, sales, marketing, behavioral, messaging and media mix
- Provide prescriptive multi-channel strategies for audience targeting, segmentation and personalization optimizations that drive media efficiency at scale, growth opportunities and incremental revenue
- Develop reports and dashboards for high level analysis (Customer Journeys, Social Listening, Brand Halo)
- Partner with engineering and data to effectively connect online and offline customer data that can be used for reporting and business analysis
- Build a lifecycle analytics function and measure the effectiveness of retention and customer lifetime value, integrating customer demographic and purchasing behavior
- Collaborate across the marketing team to provide audience types and segment performance projections as well as mid campaign optimizations and post campaign learnings
- Partner with our research team to embed customer research and qualitative data as part of your analysis
Our Match Made in Heaven:
- 3+ years of experience as a marketing analyst
- Experience with SQL and relational databases
- Experience with BI platforms such as Looker and Tableau
- Experience working with 3rd party audience data like: Nielsen, Acxiom, Neustar
- Experience with activation tools such as: Testing/Personalization platforms (Adobe Target, Optimizely), Social Code, AIP, DMPs, Facebook Audiences
- Experience working with Google Analytics and Google Tag Manager
- Experience connecting multiple streams of data from marketing platforms to offline customer data and CRMs
- Experience analyzing customer lifecycle and lifetime value across interactions such as Email, Multi-channel messaging/voice/chat, and Re-targeting
Experience That Would Impress The Heck Out of Us:
- B2C experience
- Insurance or Finance Industry Experience
- Startup Experience
- Funnel.io (or other Marketing Connector tools)
- Data Science and Customer Segmentation experience
- Competitive compensation
- Health, dental, & vision benefits
- Working with a small team of passionate, collaborative and engaged people
- Stock options
- Wellness perk or monthly home maid service
- Work / Life Balance culture
About The Zebra:
The Zebra is the most comprehensive online car insurance comparison platform in the U.S. Since 2012, the company has brought transparency and simplicity to car insurance shopping — “car insurance in black and white.” The Zebra compares over 200 car insurance companies, and with its real-time, side-by-side quote comparison tool, drivers can easily and quickly find the coverage, service level, and pricing to suit their unique needs.
Headquartered in Austin, Texas, The Zebra has garnered the attention and investment of some of the nation’s top venture capitalists, and the company’s success has been profiled in publications like Inc., Time, Forbes, and TechCrunch. Austin Business Journal named The Zebra a Best Place to Work in 2015, 2016, and 2017. Austin American-Statesman also awarded The Zebra as a Top Workplace in 2016.
The Zebra is aiming to grow our fantastic team to add to our dynamic culture and continue building on our success. Working at The Zebra means never being bored, always being challenged, and supporting one another. We’re a happy, hardworking group, and we’re eager to add “new stripes” who share those values.
The Zebra is an equal opportunity employer and “at will” company.
As part of our dedication to maintaining an inclusive and diverse workforce, The Zebra provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, The Zebra complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
The Zebra expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of The Zebra's employees to perform their job duties may result in discipline up to and including discharge.
**No external recruiters or agents, please.**