Project Coordinator, Marketing
The Zebra is expanding our Marketing Strategy Team and we’re seeking a Project Coordinator to help drive cross-functional initiatives, day to day operations and communications across the marketing organization. Our ideal candidate will be comfortable working across different roles and functions to own the entire project management lifecycle from scoping and task management through to roadmaps and results for the Marketing Team. You will work alongside the Marketing leaders to capture project requirements, set expectations and communicate needs across the other marketing teams. This is an exciting opportunity for a project manager to play a vital role in the growth and success of the Marketing Department, impacting many different functions from marketing campaign management to culture and collaboration.
WHAT YOU'LL DO:
- Work closely with Marketing's various departments and stakeholders as a communications liaison to ensure project success and that client needs and objectives are translated into effective solutions
- Provide direction and leadership on the project management function within Marketing, defining and executing what it means to work with project plans, processes, documentation, communications & task management
- Manage various projects that range in scope and objectives including (but not limited to): Marketing Campaigns, Internal Communications, Leadership agendas, Team meetings, OKR management
- Own process recommendations, being the voice for consistency and organization, helping to institute high quality standards for project planning across the Marketing Department
- Control project quality and timely completion by communicating risks, opportunities, solutions and leverage visibility to partners and stakeholders
REQUIREMENTS / QUALIFICATIONS:
- 2 years of project management experience
- Experience with project management tools and/or software like Asana, Microsoft Project, Trello
- Experience building, operationalizing and instituting adoption of processes, documentation, communication plans and project plans
- Adept at working with stakeholders to foster positive ways of working and implementing strategic solutions to keep projects on track
- Excellent communication skills and ability to interpret and communicate with both technical and non-technical teams
- Experience evaluating and refining the efficiency of programs and processes, making adjustments where needed to enable scale
- Excited by the opportunity to contribute a project management function within the Marketing Department from scratch
- Ability to work fast, learn fast and think creatively
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent practical experience
EXPERIENCE THAT WILL IMPRESS THE HECK OUT OF US:
- Experience working on projects for Marketing including communications, campaigns, GTM planning and SEO initiatives
- Startup Experience
- Insurance Industry Experience
- Experience with analytics & impact analysis
- Experience or interest in culture-building initiatives such as team outings, group events, team goal setting and cross-team alignment
BENEFITS + PERKS:
- Competitive Compensation & Stock Option Offering
- Health, Dental, Vision & Disability Coverages
- HSA offering + employer contribution
- Unlimited PTO + flexibility to enjoy it
- Paid Parental Leave Program
- Commuter Benefits (up to $100/month)
- Wellness perk ($100/month)
- Learning & Development Stipends
- Onsite Full Service Barista
- Wednesday Catered Lunch + Fully Stocked Fridges
- Opportunity to join Employee Resource Groups (ERGs) or drive our diversity & inclusion stance by creating your own
- Join a team that truly lives their values, and values their lives (outside of the office. Cliche, we know… but we really mean it)
ABOUT THE ZEBRA
The Zebra is the most comprehensive online car insurance comparison platform in the U.S. Since 2012, the company has brought transparency and simplicity to car insurance shopping — “car insurance in black and white.” The Zebra compares over 200 car insurance companies, and with its real-time, side-by-side quote comparison tool, drivers can easily and quickly find the coverage, service level, and pricing to suit their unique needs.
Headquartered in Austin, Texas, The Zebra has garnered the attention and investment of some of the nation’s top venture capitalists, and the company’s success has been profiled in publications like Inc., Time, Forbes, and TechCrunch. Austin Business Journal named The Zebra a Best Place to Work in 2015, 2016, 2017, and 2018. Austin American-Statesman also awarded The Zebra as a Top Workplace in 2016, 2017, and 2018.
The Zebra is aiming to grow our fantastic team to add to our dynamic culture and continue building on our success. Working at The Zebra means never being bored, always being challenged, and supporting one another. We’re a happy, hardworking group, and we’re eager to add “new stripes” who share those values.
The Zebra is an equal opportunity employer and “at will” company.
As part of our dedication to maintaining an inclusive and diverse workforce, The Zebra provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, The Zebra complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
The Zebra expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of The Zebra's employees to perform their job duties may result in discipline up to and including discharge.
**No external recruiters or agents, please.**