Email Marketing Manager
The Zebra is seeking an experienced, data-driven Email Marketing Manager to join our growing Marketing team. You will focus on the execution of highly targeted email marketing campaigns and the management of our customer onboarding program. The successful candidate will have solid experience leading data-driven email programs, growing email databases and customer retention for a sizable brand. We’re looking for that rare mix of creative and analytical - someone with the imagination to execute unique campaigns as well as the quantitative expertise to form a deep understanding of what drives performance and why.
What You'll Do:
- Own customer segmentation and contact strategies to drive increased traffic, revenue and retention
- Report metrics and provide detailed weekly and monthly reporting of email KPIs, campaign summaries, and analyses of A/B test cases to drive ongoing improvement and optimization
- Aid in the creation and implementation of new automated email programs and templates
- Champion continuous improvement of the email development/deployment process including maximizing dynamic content, targeting, personalization, and template development in collaboration with multiple stakeholders
- Analyze and report on specific campaigns, objectives, results and KPIs highlighting success, trends and opportunities
- Focus on growing email database using multiple strategies, audiences and subscription lists
- Optimize and improve remarketing programs to maximize return traffic, customers and revenue
- Build out the messaging and engagement strategies for both prospecting and return customers
- Work interdepartmentally with Product, Engineering, and Creative to build out best in class email campaigns on an ongoing basis
Our Match Made in Heaven:
- 3-5 years of email marketing experience at an operational level, preferably in a consumer facing organization
- Strong hands-on experience with enterprise-level email service platforms like Iterable (preferred), MailChimp, or Responsys, to manage email lists, conduct audience segmentation, A/B testing, and deploy and track email campaigns
- Extensive knowledge of email best practices, deliverability improvement, reputation management, CAN-SPAM compliance and industry standard KPIs
- Experience with deliverability tools/solutions strongly preferred
- Experience with A/B testing including test design, list splits, deployment and results
- A successful track record managing large customer databases to drive revenue and retention
- Project management skills to manage calendars, creative, product, engineering, and data needs with tight deadlines
- Ability to independently manage workload to meet day-to-day and long-term objectives
- Familiarity with push/in-app marketing communication platforms, SMS/ text marketing, and chatbots a bonus, but not required
- Previous experience in B2C. Insurance, finance, or related field preferred
- Competitive compensation
- Health, dental, & vision benefits
- Working with a small team of passionate, collaborative and engaged people
- Stock options
- Wellness perk or monthly home maid service
- Work / Life Balance culture
About The Zebra:
The Zebra is the most comprehensive online car insurance comparison platform in the U.S. Since 2012, the company has brought transparency and simplicity to car insurance shopping — “car insurance in black and white.” The Zebra compares over 200 car insurance companies, and with its real-time, side-by-side quote comparison tool, drivers can easily and quickly find the coverage, service level, and pricing to suit their unique needs.
Headquartered in Austin, Texas, The Zebra has garnered the attention and investment of some of the nation’s top venture capitalists, and the company’s success has been profiled in publications like Inc., Time, Forbes, and TechCrunch. Austin Business Journal named The Zebra a Best Place to Work in 2015, 2016, and 2017. Austin American-Statesman also awarded The Zebra as a Top Workplace in 2016.
The Zebra is aiming to grow our fantastic team to add to our dynamic culture and continue building on our success. Working at The Zebra means never being bored, always being challenged, and supporting one another. We’re a happy, hardworking group, and we’re eager to add “new stripes” who share those values.
The Zebra is an equal opportunity employer and “at will” company.
As part of our dedication to maintaining an inclusive and diverse workforce, The Zebra provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, The Zebra complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
The Zebra expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of The Zebra's employees to perform their job duties may result in discipline up to and including discharge.
**No external recruiters or agents, please.**