The Zebra, named a Best Place to Work in Austin four years running, is revolutionizing how connected consumers research and shop for insurance. We’re a purpose-driven company looking for a Product Analyst to drive smarter product decisions. Reporting directly to the VP of Product, you will have clear visibility into company direction and strategy. In this pivotal position, you’ll build out robust dashboards, reports, and processes to predict and highlight changes in the product and recommend A/B tests and optimizations to improve the user experience and monetization.
WHAT YOU'LL DO:
- Build reports to track key metrics on user behavior and revenue to analyze impact of A/Bs and feature changes on key KPIs, catch technical bugs using data, and highlight product gaps and inefficiencies
- Create new KPIs and add new metrics to our reporting tool to empower the team to be self-sufficient in their data reporting
- Help spec what an A/B or multivariate test would look like to improve a particular product and what data we should track to determine the success of each A/B test
- Closely analyze trends for the product and use regression analytics to understand one features’ influence on the other.
- Take a proactive and self-starter approach to digging into the data to find opportunities and problem areas within the product, communicating findings to product
- Collaborate with other analysts, the data team, and data science to establish best practices and to investigate cross-departmental opportunities
- Partner with the UX research team to gather quantitative data for research studies
OUR MATCH MADE IN HEAVEN:
- 2+ years professional (or comparable) analyst experience
- Experience with SQL and relational databases
- Experience with A/B testing
- Experience with BI platforms, e.g. Looker, Tableau, Adobe or Google Analytics
- Strong attention to detail
- A passion for problem solving with strong analytical capabilities
- Ability to communicate complex information to non-technical audiences
EXPERIENCE THAT WILL IMPRESS THE HECK OUT OF US:
- Experience in B2C
- Experience with tools like Snowflake, Redshift, Hadoop, HIVE or BigQuery
- Programming experience in Python
BENEFITS + PERKS:
- Competitive Compensation & Stock Option Offering
- Health, Dental, Vision & Disability Coverages
- HSA offering + employer contribution
- Unlimited PTO + flexibility to enjoy it
- Paid Parental Leave Program
- Commuter Benefits (up to $150/month)
- Wellness perk ($100/month)
- Learning & Development Stipends
- Onsite Full Service Barista
- Wednesday Catered Lunch + Fully Stocked Fridges
- Opportunity to join Employee Resource Groups (ERGs) or drive our diversity & inclusion stance by creating your own
- Join a team that truly lives their values, and values their lives (outside of the office. Cliche, we know… but we really mean it)
ABOUT THE ZEBRA:
The Zebra is the most comprehensive online car insurance comparison platform in the U.S. Since 2012, the company has brought transparency and simplicity to car insurance shopping — “car insurance in black and white.” The Zebra compares over 200 car insurance companies, and with its real-time, side-by-side quote comparison tool, drivers can easily and quickly find the coverage, service level, and pricing to suit their unique needs.
Headquartered in Austin, Texas, The Zebra has garnered the attention and investment of some of the nation’s top venture capitalists, and the company’s success has been profiled in publications like Inc., Time, Forbes, and TechCrunch. Austin Business Journal named The Zebra a Best Place to Work in 2015, 2016, and 2017. Austin American-Statesman also awarded The Zebra as a Top Workplace in 2016.
The Zebra is aiming to grow our fantastic team to add to our dynamic culture and continue building on our success. Working at The Zebra means never being bored, always being challenged, and supporting one another. We’re a happy, hardworking group, and we’re eager to add “new stripes” who share those values.
The Zebra is an equal opportunity employer and “at will” company.
As part of our dedication to maintaining an inclusive and diverse workforce, The Zebra provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, The Zebra complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
The Zebra expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of The Zebra's employees to perform their job duties may result in discipline up to and including discharge.
**No external recruiters or agents, please.**