Licensed Insurance Sales Agent
Austin, TX /
Inside Sales /
Austin insurance tech company The Zebra—recently named one of Austin’s Best Places to Work by the Austin Business Journal and one of America's Best Workplaces by Inc. Magazine! — is looking for talented sales professionals to join our bustling downtown call center and tight-knit team.
You’ll be the first point of contact for our customers shopping for insurance on the nation’s leading insurance search engine. Your role will be to turn insurance shoppers into long-term customers and brand champions of The Zebra.
This role requires that you have your General Lines P&C License upon starting with us.
Work hours are Monday - Sunday with varying schedules.
Due to Covid, our agents are starting off 100% remote. Once office hours go back to normal, employees will spend half of their week in our downtown office and half of their week working remotely.
$$$ ---> With base rates and an uncapped commission structure, our sales agents can make up to $90K annually. There are also many overtime opportunities available.
WHAT YOU'LL DO:
- Answer inbound sales calls from customers who need assistance with purchasing various insurance products
- Quote and sell through multiple insurance carriers and quoting platforms
- Cross-sell customers to meet all of their insurance needs
- Maintain a high level of production in a fast paced sales environment
- Work schedule will fit between 8 AM - 11 PM, Monday - Friday and may include a weekend day / weekends
- Work from home a portion of your work week
- Opportunities to learn and grow
REQUIREMENTS / QUALIFICATIONS:
- Currently holds a TX P&C license (required)
- Proven track record of success in a sales role
- Thrives in a fast paced and highly competitive work environment
- Motivated by monthly sales incentives
- Ability to be flexible and evolve rapidly with the company’s needs
- Consistently meet sales goals
EXPERIENCE THAT WILL IMPRESS THE HECK OUT OF US:
- 2+ years experience in auto insurance sales
- Experience selling either auto or multiple insurance products (i.e. home, umbrella, etc)
- Thrives well in a fast-paced environment and loves talking with people
- Excellent communication skills - written, verbal and listening
- Value self-awareness, intellectual honesty, judgment, empathy & positive energy
- Prefer an environment where you can add real value and contribute your ideas
- Believe everyone is entitled to the same level of respect, regardless of their position or title
- Attention to detail and ability to multitask
- Passion for delivering a superior experience to our customers & one another
- Work hard because you love what you do, but maintain work / life balance
BENEFITS + PERKS:
- Competitive Compensation & Stock Option Offering (base Income + Monthly Bonus = Avg of $25-30/hour)
- Uncapped monthly incentive program
- PTO that is accrued with each pay period
- Health, Dental, Vision & Disability Coverages
- HSA offering + employer contribution
- Paid Parental Leave Program
- Commuter Benefits (up to $100/month)
- Wellness perk ($100/month)
- Learning & Development Stipends
- Onsite Full Service Barista
- Wednesday Catered Lunch + Fully Stocked Fridges
- Opportunity to join Employee Resource Groups (ERGs) or drive our diversity & inclusion stance by creating your own
- Join a team that truly lives their values, and values their lives (outside of the office. Cliche, we know… but we really mean it)
- Monthly and quarterly team outings
ABOUT THE ZEBRA
The Zebra is the nation’s leading insurance search comparison site. With its dynamic, real-time quote comparison tool, drivers can identify insurance companies with the coverage, service level, and pricing to suit their unique needs. The Zebra compares more than 100 car insurance companies and provides licensed agent support and educational resources to ensure drivers are equipped to make the most informed decisions about their policies. It’s “insurance in black and white.”
Headquartered in Austin, Texas, The Zebra has garnered the attention and investment of some of the nation’s top venture capitalists, and the company’s success has been profiled in publications like Inc., Time, Forbes, and TechCrunch. Austin Business Journal named The Zebra a Best Place to Work in 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018 and 2020. Austin American-Statesman awarded The Zebra as a Top Workplace in 2016, 2017 and 2018. Inc. Magazine also awarded The Zebra as Best Workplaces - 2018, 2019, 2020.
The Zebra is aiming to grow our fantastic team to add to our dynamic culture and continue building on our success. Working at The Zebra means never being bored, always being challenged, and supporting one another. We’re a happy, hardworking group, and we’re eager to add “new stripes” who share those values.
The Zebra is an equal opportunity employer and “at will” company.
As part of our dedication to maintaining an inclusive and diverse workforce, The Zebra provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, The Zebra complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
The Zebra expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of The Zebra's employees to perform their job duties may result in discipline up to and including discharge.
**No external recruiters or agents, please.**