The Zebra is expanding our design team and we’re seeking a UX Writer to help us craft a world-class insurance buying experience. This role offers a unique opportunity to help shape the writing culture and pave the way for how our brand voice works within our product experience. We are looking for a versatile, experienced copywriter who loves to make an impact through simple, clear language and an authentic, human voice that helps users complete the task at hand.
As a UX Writer, you will influence strategy and collaborate with cross-functional Product teams, creating innovative experiences, and designing a language that speaks directly to our customers. You’ll play a key role in crafting the user experience, working with designers, product managers, engineering, brand marketers, insurance experts, legal, and other stakeholders. You’ll help to shape and evolve the UX writing discipline, including developing processes, structure, and editorial design systems to create a cohesive user experience across platforms and products.
What You'll Do
- Work with cross-functional teams to deliver a consistent voice and tone within our product experience
- Develop product content strategy, including taxonomy, nomenclature, standards, and governance
- Work closely with the brand team and advertising copywriters to translate brand guidelines, personality, and tone into product content for web and mobile. This will include microcopy, interaction flows, error messages, notifications, and in-product messaging
- Create & define goals and success metrics for content
- Conduct product content audits and analyze customer data and user research to evaluate content effectiveness
- Use empathy, logic and data analysis to drive content choices, leveraging A/B tests to inform and optimizeLead efforts to create content guidelines and develop content patterns
- Clearly document and share process, workflow, feedback history, and decisions
- Manage multiple projects throughout the product design process
- Present and rationalize your work at product and design reviewsIdentify and prioritize opportunities where UX writing can improve user experiences and meet business goals
- Educate others on best practices and promoting UX writing as a discipline internallyApply design principles and web accessibility standards to product copy
Our Match Made in Heaven
- BA in Journalism, English, Communications, or related discipline
- Background in UX and experience collaborating with Design and Product teams
- 3+ years of experience planning, writing, editing, and creating content strategy for web and mobile consumer products
- Resilient, motivated, and passionate about UX and Content Strategy
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment
- Able to effectively communicate the content experience to senior leadership and stakeholders
- Possesses a passion for design process and organization
- Has expressed a point-of-view through writing or speaking on topics related to UX or content strategy
- Experience working on a global product and writing for localization
- Experience with writing for insurance or financial products
ABOUT THE ZEBRA
The Zebra is the most comprehensive online car insurance comparison platform in the U.S. Since 2012, the company has brought transparency and simplicity to car insurance shopping — “car insurance in black and white.” The Zebra compares over 200 car insurance companies, and with its real-time, side-by-side quote comparison tool, drivers can easily and quickly find the coverage, service level, and pricing to suit their unique needs.
Headquartered in Austin, Texas, The Zebra has garnered the attention and investment of some of the nation’s top venture capitalists, and the company’s success has been profiled in publications like Inc., Time, Forbes, and TechCrunch. Austin Business Journal named The Zebra a Best Place to Work in 2015, 2016, 2017 and 2018. Austin American-Statesman awarded The Zebra as a Top Workplace in 2016 and Inc. Magazine recently named The Zebra as a Top Workplace for 2019!
The Zebra is aiming to grow our fantastic team to add to our dynamic culture and continue building on our success. Working at The Zebra means never being bored, always being challenged, and supporting one another. We’re a happy, hardworking group, and we’re eager to add “new stripes” who share those values.
The Zebra is an equal opportunity employer and “at will” company.