The Zebra is seeking an Engineering Manager who can motivate and empower multiple teams in an exciting work environment! This person will own execution and process for their teams, ensuring expectations are set and deliverables are met. The Engineering Manager will assist with hiring and be responsible for the technical and career growth of individual engineers.
What You'll Do:
- Manage development and delivery of technical solutions for multiple teams
- Maintain a deep understanding of product/business needs and priorities, and work with product management and other stakeholders to ensure your teams have a clear vision
- Balance priorities to ensure the team effectively ships new features while resolving defects and managing technical debt
- Lead projects and advocate for high quality code
- Identify opportunities to improve the development process
- Assist in recruiting and hiring processes
- Set and monitor performance goals for teams and individuals, providing feedback through reviews, one-on-one’s, and in day-to-day discussions
- Ensure engineering is always adding business value; clearly communicating business goals to engineering teams, as well as technical solutions to stakeholders
Our Match Made in Heaven:
- 5+ years experience leading and directly managing engineering teams, and delivering business solutions
- Passionate about building and coaching high-performing engineering teams
- Organized and excited about creating and optimizing engineering processes to set teams up for success
- Track record of developing employees both technically and professionally
- Experience working in an Agile environment
- Ability to bring people together to create an empowering and exciting work environment
Experience That Would Impress The Pants Off Us:
- Experience in the insurance industry
- Proven success recruiting, hiring, and on-boarding new developers
- Software engineering skills
- Competitive compensation
- Health, dental, & vision benefits
- Working with a small team of passionate, collaborative, and engaged people
- Stock options
- Monthly home maid service
- Feel good perk
- Work hard / Play hard culture
About The Zebra:
The Zebra is the most comprehensive online car insurance comparison platform in the U.S. Since 2012, the company has brought transparency and simplicity to car insurance shopping — “car insurance in black and white.” The Zebra compares over 200 car insurance companies, and with its real-time, side-by-side quote comparison tool, drivers can easily and quickly find the coverage, service level, and pricing to suit their unique needs.
Headquartered in Austin, Texas, The Zebra has garnered the attention and investment of some of the nation’s top venture capitalists, and the company’s success has been profiled in publications like Inc., Time, Forbes, and TechCrunch. Austin Business Journal named The Zebra a Best Place to Work in 2015, 2016, and 2017. Austin American-Statesman also awarded The Zebra as a Top Workplace in 2016.
The Zebra is aiming to grow our fantastic team to add to our dynamic culture and continue building on our success. Working at The Zebra means never being bored, always being challenged, and supporting one another. We’re a happy, hardworking group, and we’re eager to add “new stripes” who share those values.